What would u do...please help

hellomiggy

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I guess I am one of the lucky ones that wasn't affected by the Black iPhone Yellowing Screen Dilemma. Maybe I am just cant noticed. Even then I am lucky to even have this phone, none around where I lived, went to Target and they only had one left. I noticed it was really bright out of the box. Brighter than my iPhone 4 and Whiter, either way get it checked out. Ramblin' on here haha -_-

candy84

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
So update to this story...

Went to the apple store today. And they were able to swap out a new iPhone for me. It does seem brighter and on par with the phones that they had at the store. Hopefully this work out for me. I am doing a complete restore right now and charging it so we will see.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

_heatherly

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Did you compare it to one they had in the store?

My husband's is pretty noticable when held up against an iPhone that doesn't have the yellowing problem.

_heatherly

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Glad you got it switched out. :) I know that if it were me, I'd probably have exchanged it as well.

Hope your restore goes ok. I'm always scared of doing that! :eek:

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
So update to this story...

Went to the apple store today. And they were able to swap out a new iPhone for me. It does seem brighter and on par with the phones that they had at the store. Hopefully this work out for me. I am doing a complete restore right now and charging it so we will see.

hopefully you got one with good battery life!

candy84

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
What do u guys have your brightness set at normally. I try to keep it between the letters b and r

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
:)hi candy, glad you got your phone swapped and hope all goes well for you now. As for the brightness on my screen, I keep it between half way and 3/4's up (closest to the "on" tab right below the slide adjustment bar) I like my screen pretty bright otherwise I can see anything lol.

candy84

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
:)hi candy, glad you got your phone swapped and hope all goes well for you now. As for the brightness on my screen, I keep it between half way and 3/4's up (closest to the "on" tab right below the slide adjustment bar) I like my screen pretty bright otherwise I can see anything lol.

Wow you do like it bright huh... :)
Do u feel u compromise the battery life this way or has it always been this bright?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Wow you do like it bright huh... :)
Do u feel u compromise the battery life this way or has it always been this bright?

:p yup I do lol.

I don't feel it bothers my battery life at all, it's been that way since I set my iPhone up the day I came home with it:)

candy84

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
For auto brightness ... Leaving it on is it better or worse for battery?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I think I heard auto brightness CAN be good for battery. It depends on your environment and initiate brightness level - I think.

candy84

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping once my battery settles in it will be fine. It may be draining faster than my previous. But it's also day 1. And I haven't let it drain completely down yet

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping once my battery settles in it will be fine. It may be draining faster than my previous. But it's also day 1. And I haven't let it drain completely down yet

I would let it drain down completely and do a whole fresh charge. That's what I did the first day I got mine and it helped a lot:)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2