Folders or just icons... What do you use and why?

candy84

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I've been looking at different posts and notice that lots of people do not use the folder option when setting up their screens. Rather they use the icons and arrange then in order of use. My OCD won't let me just use the icons instead I have to have each icon in a folder.

What do you guys use? And why does it work for you ?

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I use a little of both.. I put like apps together in folders and the ones that don't get along with others are just out on the screen

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I use both the apps I use most are on my home screen and everything else is in folders....I just got my phone on Friday so I'm still working on figuring out what I use most

Sent from HIS WORLD on my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I have just icons, for now. I don't have a ton of stuff in my 4S, yet. Thus this may change in the future.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I use a little of both. The stuff I use all the time is an icon. If I don't use it too often it's in a folder.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Yes! I am super organized!

I do organize my stuff into folders and I love a nice clean and organized screen.

I just released the first in a series of Apps that deals with this exactly. I love all of the wallpapers out there, but they are so junky so I decided to make my own that are nice and clean and make looking at my phone a joy.

The home screens have either a phrase or design on the 4th row so that it can either be hidden or displayed depending on the users preferences.

Here it is in the App Store. It is called iWall Words - Holidays and Seasons

[

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I like having most of my apps grouped into folders. I leave some of them as just icons on the homescreen, but those that can be grouped (news, games etc) are put into folders. I find it looks less cluttered on the homescreen.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I've been looking at different posts and notice that lots of people do not use the folder option when setting up their screens. Rather they use the icons and arrange then in order of use. My OCD won't let me just use the icons instead I have to have each icon in a folder.

What do you guys use? And why does it work for you ?

Mainly folders like you ... Keep the most used in the dock of my 4S until a jb comes out so I can have a five icon dock lol

Anolefan

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I use icons on home screen and folders after that. I prefer the look of icons when I first unlock the screen, but it would be too busy for my preference to see on every screen.

poisoned10

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I used to use icons on the home screen and folders after that. But now I just use my main icons on the home page and arrange them in order alphabetically after that.

Sent from my iPhone

_heatherly

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I use icons on my first page and folders on my second. I really don't like to mix folders/icons on the pages, as I find it looks sloppy. Either one or the other. So my first screen is dedicated to my most used apps, my second screen is my apps in their designated folers.

Last edited:

jake8188

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
i have the majority of original apps on the main screen... 13 of them. and then on the next page i have the folders for everything else. i organize weirdly for me.

candy84

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Ooo I like that setup. Just changed my icons around to do that. Let's see how that works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_heatherly

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Here's my setup.

Home screen is organized with the first two rows being the native iPhone apps I use most. Second row are all my third party apps I use most. All alphabetized.

Second screen shows my folders, alphabetized again. Except for Newstand which won't go away. :p

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro