How do I play my iphone over my home stereo?

anon(4742831)

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to listen to my iphone (podcasts, music, etc) over my home Sony receiver? Maybe plug it into the head phone jack? Any ideas?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to listen to my iphone (podcasts, music, etc) over my home Sony receiver? Maybe plug it into the head phone jack? Any ideas?

:) you can use an auxillary cord with the jack (like what you see on earbuds) on both ends. plug one into the stereos 'aux' outlet and the other into your iphone where you would normally plug your earbuds into.:)

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site

Some sony receivers have an iPod dock that you can surf your iPhone just like you would any iPod like mine does

Dave Irwin

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Cut the cord!

Get an Apple Airport Express wireless router ($99). Connect the output to an audio input on your stereo.

Then use AirPlay from your iPhone or iPad or computer (iTunes).

Works like a charm.

TiNuts

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Don't plug your phones earphone output to the aux out of your receiver. It wont work. You can get a cable with the headphone jack on one end and RCA plugs on the other and plug those into an aux input on your receiver, and the headphone jack into your phone. That's the cheap way. Or do what others have said with airport or apple tv.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Don't plug your phones earphone output to the aux out of your receiver. It wont work. You can get a cable with the headphone jack on one end and RCA plugs on the other and plug those into an aux input on your receiver, and the headphone jack into your phone. That's the cheap way. Or do what others have said with airport or apple tv.

why wont it work by plugging it into the aux jack.. thats what I do in my car and it works just fine.. headphone out to aux jack on my car.. would be same as doing it on a stereo.. not that your method doesnt work im just saying.. she wasnt saying the aux out she said the aux outlet..

Reactions: ThePinkChameleon

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
why wont it work by plugging it into the aux jack.. thats what I do in my car and it works just fine.. headphone out to aux jack on my car.. would be same as doing it on a stereo.. not that your method doesnt work im just saying.. she wasnt saying the aux out she said the aux outlet..

Thank you noaim. That's exactly what I meant, in fact my daughter plugs her iPhone into her car just as you do yours with no issues, sounds great too. My son plugs his iPod into his stereo the same way with the cord and it has great sound as well :)

Sent from iPinkks 4S using Tapatalk

Reactions: noaim

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Thank you noaim. That's exactly what I meant, in fact my daughter plugs her iPhone into her car just as you do yours with no issues, sounds great too. My son plugs his iPod into his stereo the same way with the cord and it has great sound as well :)

Sent from iPinkks 4S using Tapatalk

no problem!

michaelone#IM

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I bought Apple's dock, it was less than $30.00 It has stereo out and I got a cable that separates the dock's jack into component input for the stereo. It works with the iphone or ipad and my wife keeps her ipad 2 in the dock all the time. Has the stereo on while cleaning. It also keeps the device charged. Works great.

Tophersky

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Cut the cord!

Get an Apple Airport Express wireless router ($99). Connect the output to an audio input on your stereo.

Then use AirPlay from your iPhone or iPad or computer (iTunes).

Works like a charm.
I've been doing this for about 2 years now. I love it! Now, since I got my iPhone, with the remote app, I can now control my iTunes from anywhere in the house, and hear my music everywhere as well.

TiNuts

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site

Yep, sorry, I read it as her saying to plug it into an aux output (as in headphone out). My mistake!!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2