Airave on Sprint with iPhone 4S?

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
will the airave work with the iPhone 4S? I just called the retention dept. for Sprint and they are mailing it to me for free with no monthly charge cuz I don't have signal @ my house and when I roam on Verizon it's crappy only 1 or 2 bars with slow 1xRTT(2.5G)

srfeiny

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
I was on the phone with Sprint for 3 -4 hours over the coarse of those 2 days trying to get the phone and airave working properly. Phone calls were fine, I could receive texts(late). Biggest problem was sending texts, it just wouldn't. Sprint was trying to tell me it was not the phone and I tried to explain that I had a BB 9650 and a Nexus S4g right next to the Iphone and both of those phones received texts perfectly. Needless to say I returned the Iphone.

Reactions: ariellemerperle

IIJBII

Jul 24, 2004
Visit site
I've been using my Airave with my iPhone as well as my other devices without any issues. It occasionally has some hiccups but those are rare and I believe its the router. When this happen I unplug the router then plug it back in and it seems to resolve the issue.

The newest Airave (Airvana I believe its called) supports voice and data. The older version was only for voice. If they are sending you one I would guess its the newer one.

Any questions ask away. I've used an Airave for a while now and have had good luck with them.

srfeiny

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Mine is also a Airvana. Never had any problems at all until I got the 4s. On the sprint community forums lots of people are having problems. Sprint is claiming Apple needs to send out an update.

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Mine is also a Airvana. Never had any problems at all until I got the 4s. On the sprint community forums lots of people are having problems. Sprint is claiming Apple needs to send out an update.
what's the problem you are having? jbcellular I think I am getting the new one I dunno and I think that is all they carry now, is it the white one with external GPS Antennae?

srfeiny

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
I could not sent texts and received texts 5-10 minutes late. They tried everything nothing worked. Finally they told me its a known issue with the Iphone and airvanna and I had to wait for software update from Apple. Iphone went back.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2