Bluetooth alert sound issue

DrKanter113

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Hey, everyone, I'm new to the iphone from Android. I have bluetooth in my car for hands free, but anytime the bluetooth kicks on, my phone loses all sounds. It rings through the car when the phone is ringing, but I never get any text or email sounds that come through the same way. If I'm holding the phone when something comes in, then I can feel it vibrate, but no sound at all (I know, I shouldn't be texting or emailing while driving, but knowing that something is there would still be nice).

Is there a setting somewhere that I can change this or is this just how the phone is?

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
i think this is just how it is.... I know in the music (ipod) app, you can switch it to use the iphone. but not sure if it can be done anywhere else.

DrKanter113

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
i think this is just how it is.... I know in the music (ipod) app, you can switch it to use the iphone. but not sure if it can be done anywhere else.

I noticed that, but then if I get a call it goes to the iphone and doesn't reroute automatically through my car, I'd have to switch it back. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't a bug. Thanks for the help!

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I think this is the way its designed.. I think apple made it this way so we aren't texting and driving..

got berry

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Anyone have a way to fix this? I use my Bluetooth while working (not driving) and but still need to get my text notifications. I don't see this as a deterrent to texting and driving, I see it as causing people who are texting and driving to be checking there phones more often since they aren't hearing a notification.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2