"iPhone" option under creating new contact?

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Can somebody tell me what this option does when you add a new contact? You can either add their number normally or under "iPhone" option?

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
if the contact has an iPhone.. choose iPhone so you know you can iMessage & facetime

actually I am not sure if it matters.... All of my contacts show the facetime button... so maybe its just to tell you that the iPhone specific features will work

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
if the contact has an iPhone.. choose iPhone so you know you can iMessage & facetime

actually I am not sure if it matters.... All of my contacts show the facetime button... so maybe its just to tell you that the iPhone specific features will work

yeah, i believe its for your own personal info. I don't have iPhone selected for anyone in my phonebook, and they all give me the option to facetime, and the iphone contacts automatically imessage.

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I wondered, too. But iMessage picks up if the other phone number.email is associated with an iOS 5 device, so this was odd to me.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm gonna guess (jokingly) It's so you know which people on your contact list is as cool as you *rolls eyes* :p

The only thing I have noticed is incoming calls ... With iPhone moniker in contacts you get a full screen pic of who is calling and with anything else it's a thumbnail ... I am pretty sure of this, but maybe not lol

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I have noticed is incoming calls ... With iPhone moniker in contacts you get a full screen pic of who is calling and with anything else it's a thumbnail ... I am pretty sure of this, but maybe not lol

I don't think so. I get full screen pics no matter who calls me.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Could have changed for iOS 5 ... I am pretty damn sure it was that way previously

If you take a full screen shot with your iPhone and save it as your caller ID photo, it will show full screen when someone calls. I still have old contact photos transferred over from my BlackBerry address book and those are thumbnail-sized when those people call.

Reactions: E_Brown

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
If you take a full screen shot with your iPhone and save it as your caller ID photo, it will show full screen when someone calls. I still have old contact photos transferred over from my BlackBerry address book and those are thumbnail-sized when those people call.

Good to know. thanks!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Can somebody tell me what this option does when you add a new contact? You can either add their number normally or under "iPhone" option?

If a contact has an iPhone, it doesn't matter if you have their # listed under "iPhone" or "mobile" since iMessage and FaceTime will work either way. Probably just an nice feature for those who have more than one cell phone (some people have BlackBerry for work use and and an iPhone for personal use) and this way you can quickly choose which number you want to call or text.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2