May be getting an iphone

Kaeledyr

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I might be getting an iphone in a couple of months. It's not definite yet, but it's possible that I'll be coming into a bit of money, so I thought I'd get myself a smart phone.

I'm torn between iphone and android at the moment. I'm not a huge fan of Blackberry so that's out.

The main thing is, I have slight learning disabilities and really need something that's easy to use and get apps for.

Is iphone really as easy to use as it's advertised? (I heard that there were lies in some advertisements for iphone in the past)

Whenever I ask questions on forums for both phones I get lots of android users telling me how evil Apple is so it's not been amazingly helpful =/

Also is there anything like Siri on android, or is this an iphone only thing? Siri would be very useful for me.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I might be getting an iphone in a couple of months. It's not definite yet, but it's possible that I'll be coming into a bit of money, so I thought I'd get myself a smart phone.

I'm torn between iphone and android at the moment. I'm not a huge fan of Blackberry so that's out.

The main thing is, I have slight learning disabilities and really need something that's easy to use and get apps for.

Is iphone really as easy to use as it's advertised? (I heard that there were lies in some advertisements for iphone in the past)

Whenever I ask questions on forums for both phones I get lots of android users telling me how evil Apple is so it's not been amazingly helpful =/

Also is there anything like Siri on android, or is this an iphone only thing? Siri would be very useful for me.

When you ask a question on what phone to get your answer will vary by where you ask it. Ask on Crackberry, and they'll say Blackberry. Ask on Android Central, and they'll say any of the Androids. Ask here, and we'll say iPhone. You really would have to try the phone out for yourself, and see what works best for you. I will tell you why I prefer iPhone. It's easy to use, I know my phone will keep having updates after I buy it. Some androids never got a single update. Apps for iPhone for the most part are smoother then Android. When I had my android, apps forced closed all the time, and the phone just didn't seem as smooth. I have had all 3 of the brands listed aswell. Yes, iPhones are very easy to use. Much easier then any other phone. People say it just works, and it does. Siri is specific to iPhone 4S. Android has a dictation app, but it's not as advanced as siri.

Reactions: Kaeledyr

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Well with Apple, it's our way or the highway in most cases. You can't tweak and tweak and tweak like you can in Android. That being said, it is consistent. You know how to use an iPhone, then you know how to use an iPod Touch or iPad.

Bottom line, if you're able to, go to an Apple store and play with one. Same for an Android. If there is no Apple store, maybe a local carrier's store. Of course here we're going to recommend Apple.

Reactions: Kaeledyr

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
My wife is very far from technologically savvy. We got her an iPhone (finally) about a month ago and she loves it. She has no issues using it and surprisingly she does not come to me with many questions.

I work with all types of phones, Android, iOS and Blackberry and I get the fewest complaints from iOS users.

I would go to a store, Vendor or Apple and play with the phones there to see what works best for you. If you do go Apple though you wont regret it.

lindad8284

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
I've had my iPhone now for about a week, after switching over from Android. I like the fact that all software updates come from Apple, rather than the carrier you have. There is no bloatware added that the carriers feel you must have. The programs that I had on my Android I found easily from the iTunes store and they run much smoother with no force closes. Also, the battery life is much better too.

I can't ever imaging not having an iPhone from now on. It's that good of a phone.:D

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
my wife also if not at ALL technologically inclined. It took me almost 2 months to get her to remember how to copy/paste (even with the menus!!) - she still needs a walk through to attach an item to an email

After i set up her email.. she can do most anything else on it without my help. (Still teaching her about the task manager lol) - she had a BB and LOVES her iP4s and can do A LOT more on it without help.

I cant speak for android, but since each manufacture has their own "version" i bet it can be confusing to use. BUT, its more versatile in that it can be customized.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Same here I had iPhone wife had a droid and she ditched it went to apple and never went back
I have had all three phone you said
Blackberry , android and now iPhone

iPhone just works

Blackberry is ok except the constant battery pulls

iPhone touch screen is the most responsive of all of them I found myself on android opening apps just trying to scroll.

Battery life was horrible on both my androids nuff said

My 5 year old has a iPod 32gig touch
She can play games open apps and close them and even FaceTime me from the other room .. So as far as simple ... It is.

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
My 5 year old has a iPod 32gig touch
She can play games open apps and close them and even FaceTime me from the other room

FaceTime from the other room? Damn, I hope she's using it for fun and not being lazy to walk across a home unless that is not feasible for any reason.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2