Screenshot Issues!!

arcurlyq

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Ok, here's the deal:

1. Had an iphone 4 previously. It would not take screenshots. Did several resets and Apple eventually decided it was a hardware issue.

2. Got my iPhone 4S two days ago. Set it all up and discovered IT TOO would not take screenshots (yes, I'm doing it properly).

3. My coworker also just got an iPhone 4S and hers too will not take screenshots.

I've stumbled across a few things here and there online from people with an iPhone 4 or 4S who also report being unable to take screenshots.

Both my home button and sleep/awake button work fine.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? Or know if Apple has plans to fix in a software update?

One Apple technician I spoke with speculated that it might be some app interfering with the feature. I am going to talk with my coworker today to see what apps we have in common.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
When you activated your 4S did you set it up as new or from a backup? If it was from a backup it could have carried over the same problem that your 4 had. If this is the case, restore and set up your 4S as new.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I would restore as new, and before you set anything up, try to do a screen print, and see if it works. If it works then, you know it's not hardware. Then you can start adding your apps, and see which one is stopping the screen print capability. I'm on these forums everyday, and I don't recall seeing anyone else have this issue. I could be wrong, but I don't remember seeing a thread like this.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Screen shots work fine on the 4s. I take them all the time to do tech docs for work.

I would start with a clean phone. Restore as new and then start installing apps one at a time until you can re-produce the issue. You can also go to iTunes and read the reviews on the apps you have installed. Users are pretty good of pointing out flaws in the iTunes reviews.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
both my 4 and my 4s both take screenshots fine.. this is a weird problem that I have never heard of. I would definitely try restoring as new and see if that fixes it.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Like noaim said, restore as new, and BEFORE loading your backup, try it.

Also, I wonder if it is down to timing. I suggest as a test hold the home button then after a second press the power button. See if that helps...

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone done a hardware reset? You know hold the lock and home button down until you see the Apple.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Only arcurlyq is the only one having this problem, and hasn't responded back since the first post, so we don't know if they have done that or not.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner