iPhone 4s and iPad 2/3 or Macbook Air

felface

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
i need help i'm trying to decide between getting a 13-inch MBA and getting my 3gs fixed (round ?200) or wether to get an iPhone 4s and an iPad 2/wait for the 3 i'm gonna spend roughly the same amount HELP

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Try to figure out what you want to do first, and then see whether you need a Mac, or you can cope with just an iPad. I can't do any of my work on the iPad, although I love it for email, browsing, games, etc.

thebignewt#IM

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I have a similar choice to consider. My wife as the iPad2 and now an iPhone 4S (2 days old). She loves the Pad, but it's 95% browsing. I can get an excellent refurb 09 MacBook for $600 (4gb RAM, 160gm HDD). Decisions decision. I agree it depends what you do on it.

felface

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I am going to be doing some heavy typing but thay can be acheived on a iPad i've found it fine so far i love my iPad for games and browsing and email like steve jobs R.I.P said 'they need to be better at several things' and it is i'm sorta leaning towards the 4s and waiting on the three

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I am going to be doing some heavy typing but thay can be acheived on a iPad i've found it fine so far i love my iPad for games and browsing and email like steve jobs R.I.P said 'they need to be better at several things' and it is i'm sorta leaning towards the 4s and waiting on the three

keep in mind an ipad cant be used to restore your iphone or sync the iphone.. I would say if you dont have a computer to get one!

felface

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes you can go through setup process and restore to the iCloud backup but i do have FAMILY IMAC which occasionally sync things off

thebignewt#IM

May 9, 2011
Visit site
If you already have a Mac and no iPad consider it unless you need the HDD space or run big graphics. For messages, movies and web and looking at pix it's fine. I can get a Pad or Macbook for the same price is my dilemna (and we have one Pad).

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
It wasn't apparent in your OP that you already have an ipad and iMac.

I'd go for the 4S and worry about anything else later. But it sounds like you already know what you want to do.

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Depends on what you want to do with the Macbook/iPad. If you do a lot of word processing and run many programs (and/or need a lot of memory/storage), you'll probably still need the Macbook. If you don't do a lot of typing and run a lot of programs or need a lot of storage, you could always just buy a keyboard for the iPad and use the iPad as your main computer. It really depends on what you're going to do with the Macbook/iPad.

felface

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I am going to be doing some heavy typing but this needs to last me for a considerable amount of time so while it would be nice to run some programs i guess i could use the ipad

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Right now I have the first iPad. Love it for browsing web, reading magazines and newspapers, games and email. I am waiting on the 3. If you are looking to do heavy typing then I would go with the MacBook air- I use mine for work stuff. I tried to use the iPad and its just not the same as a laptop for work stuff.

felface

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Cos i cant have both 4s and iPad 3 and MBA so i need to pick and while i have a family iMac i want to use this as little as possible and i have a need for the regualar stuff web surfing mail gaming and needed help deciding thats why i posted this thread for ideas and for the tipb nation to help in my dilema

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
What kind of gaming? Like app gaming? Then go with a iPad plus a case that has bluetooth keyboard. If u are doing heavy typing you will need that. Neither the iPad or MBA will replace the iPhone. A phone is a phone.

felface

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Yer there are only big games on the app store no small games (like whale trail cut the rope etc.) i'll be doing that alot

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Cos i cant have both 4s and iPad 3 and MBA so i need to pick and while i have a family iMac i want to use this as little as possible and i have a need for the regualar stuff web surfing mail gaming and needed help deciding thats why i posted this thread for ideas and for the tipb nation to help in my dilema

It doesn't sound like much of a dilemma. You've got a broken iphone 3GS, an ipad, and a family iMac.

Sounds like you already have your "all in one" device in the ipad. Sell your broken iphone. Get an iphone 4S. Worry about rest later.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro