New to iP4s... bluetooth issue

dgalanter

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
My Droid allowed me to connect to my Sync bluetooth for phone calls, but I could block media so that I didn't hear ringtones, incoming alerts, and the like over the speakers of the car (which when I'm listening to a channel other than the bluetooth sync channel, I won't hear).

I can't find ANY setting in Sync (Microsoft in my Ford Fusion) or in iPhone to stop this from happening, and it means whenever I'm in my car, I don't know if I'm getting emailed, texted, or have a calendar reminder.

Help?

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
My Droid allowed me to connect to my Sync bluetooth for phone calls, but I could block media so that I didn't hear ringtones, incoming alerts, and the like over the speakers of the car (which when I'm listening to a channel other than the bluetooth sync channel, I won't hear).

I can't find ANY setting in Sync (Microsoft in my Ford Fusion) or in iPhone to stop this from happening, and it means whenever I'm in my car, I don't know if I'm getting emailed, texted, or have a calendar reminder.

Help?

thats probably done by design... you shouldnt be readin texts or emails or anything like that while driving anyway

dgalanter

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Well, that's a nice thought, but I drive to work with my wife. When an email or text comes in, she picks up my phone and reads them to me. So, yes, I SHOULD be able to know when something has come in.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Why not change your notification sounds so you will know the difference between an email and a text? Or if you don't want to get the notifications to prevent your wife from picking up your phone - set your notifications sounds to None. Or...just put the phone on mute while you're in the car.

BigLan

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Why not change your notification sounds so you will know the difference between an email and a text? Or if you don't want to get the notifications to prevent your wife from picking up your phone - set your notifications sounds to None. Or...just put the phone on mute while you're in the car.

I agree completely.

dgalanter

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

They have different notifications (and I like my wife checking my phone as we drive when one comes in). The problem is, if I have the phone connected to Sync Bluetooth for calls, notifications ALSO play through Sync. But when I'm listening to a channel other than Bluetooth Stream (say, SiriusXM or a CD), I can't hear them.

So I need a way to tell either the phone, or Sync, "hey, don't play notifications through bluetooth. Just route CALLS there."

My Android phone did this well--you just unchecked MEDIA in bluetooth settings. I see no such setting in iOS.

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
odd... i cant find ANY settings to disable the audio... only if you are in the iPod player (while connected) and you change it to iPhone (the little box with the up arrow)

my BB could disable the audio connection in its settings.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2