Quick toggles for iPhone settings (SBSettings w/o the jailbreak)

gern blanston

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I found this on another forum and wanted to share. I searched here and couldn't find if it's already been posted. I've found these toggles to be very useful since we don't have an untethered jailbreak.

"This is freaking sweet and works very well. I am constantly turning my bluetooth on and off and I also adjust the brightness pretty often. I hate how Apple buries those so deep, why not have some toggles in the pull down menu (Notifications)?

http://iphoneza.co.za/2011/11/14/ico...roken-iphones/

Sorry if it's a repost, did a search and didn't find anything."

IamHahn

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Been looking for something like this, not having to jailbreak. I now have a new folder on my homescreen with a lot of links. Thanks!

Link: [Updated to v2.0] IconSettings – FREE SBSettings-like toggles for non-jailbroken iPhones and other iDevices! | iPhoneZA | For the South African Apple Enthusiast! | iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad and more| News, Tutorials, Reviews, Forums

QR Code, for Iphone:

IconSettings.png

Last edited:

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok.. maybe I'm just dumb, but I scanned the QR code but now what? I cant find this app on my phone.. I'm confused...:(

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
This "app" seems to open Safari, albeit briefly, every time you use one of the home screen shortcuts...

This seems that it would use Data each time you use a shortcut.

I noticed this when I opened Safari and I had like 4 tabs opened, one for each shortcut I'd just used (bluetooth, iCloud, etc...).

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
This "app" seems to open Safari, albeit briefly, every time you use one of the home screen shortcuts...

This seems that it would use Data each time you use a shortcut.

I noticed this when I opened Safari and I had like 4 tabs opened, one for each shortcut I'd just used (bluetooth, iCloud, etc...).

I noticed this too...but only on some of them. Some you never see safari. I have no worries about data...I'm on Sprint

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I turned off my cell data and the shortcuts still worked. so not sure why it opens Safari each time...

Does the $.0.99 app do this as well?

wunhangios

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
It uses Safari to open the link. The link actually opens the select setting and not a webpage so no data is actually used. The one big thing that has annoyed me is that the link seems to be perpetually loading on safari so that if you were using your Battery Usage counter, it'll count the entire time the page isn't closed as usage.

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
If open the link from the original post on this thread in Safari, it'll take you to the page and the links should work. When I opened it with the QR Reader, the links for downloading and installing wouldn't work even though it appeared to open in Safari. I loaded the program and to tell you the truth I'd rather stay with just using the normal settings format. Unless these shortcuts allow you to change things you wouldn't otherwise would be able to change I'll just do without. I really don't need to change my settings often enough to need 40 more widgets on my phone. Just a personal preference....

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods