How's Everyone doing without a jailbreak?

Do you care for a jailbreak

• Yes i'm dying for a jailbreak to be released for the 4s

Votes: 143 68.1%
  • No, I don't care for a jailbreak the phone is perfect out the box.

Votes: 35 16.7%
  • I'm undecided

Votes: 32 15.2%

• Total voters

zwoof

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm having jailbreak withdrawl. Been without it too long. It's taking too long. I thought for sure there'd be an untethered JB for the IP4 by now. I hope they can figure it out for the ios5.

xkon

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I lost jailbreak when i got my 4S - i also upped my ipad 2 from jailbrok 4.3.3 to ios5. So far am doing ok - miss my3G, volume button media contols, sbssettings etc... but ios5 with its improvements are getting me by.

I dont like helping people jailbreak anymore. The temptation to upgrade in itunes, combined with an ipad baseband unlock, has bricked a few iphones. Jailbreaking without unlock (what i stick to personally) is trouble free and a fix is only a restore away. Ive restored many and went into apple.. never a single issue.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
To each is own. I will never jailbreak as I need nothing that it gives. My phone does everything it needs to without running unsafe code on my phone

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

That's great for you, but you don't know what you're talking about, jailbreaking doesn't put any "unsafe code" onto an iPhone, I don't know where you picked up that misleading bit of information,

tino72

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I know of three people in my personal life that jailbreaking messed there phone up beyond repair...
they ob didnt know what they were doing..ive jailbroken every iphone ive ever owned never had a bricked one..miss my infinidock,bite sms,my wii tether app,lockinfo! until you jailbreak and get into what freedom awaits you in the cydia store you really are missing out..

count123

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
This thread is quite comical. Can't believe I just read all 5 pages. Was worth it. Should've brought popcorn.

I've been checking for jb everyday for one reason only. The ability to swype! Am I the only one from android who is being tormented by this keyboard?

Y'all be easy.

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
This thread is quite comical. Can't believe I just read all 5 pages. Was worth it. Should've brought popcorn.

I've been checking for jb everyday for one reason only. The ability to swype! Am I the only one from android who is being tormented by this keyboard?

Y'all be easy.

I actually don't have a problem with the keyboard I thought I would coming from an Epic but I am extremely surprised especially since I have fat fingers

Sent from HIS WORLD on my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

_heatherly

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I jailbroke my previous 3GS for a small period of time. Didn't really care of it, honestly. My husband loved his when it was jailbroken.

I don't think I'll jailbreak my 4S.

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
I'm waiting on an untethered jailbreak/unlock to get T-Mobile for a friend whom I gave my old 3GS to. Jailbreaking can be tricky, but it requires patience more than anything else. If you brick your phone, you can always unbrick it by using iTunes to restore it. I was hesitant to jailbreak the first time I did it and waited until I upgraded, but now I'm considering Jailbreaking my new phone also just to tweak themes and such. Not a top priority for my own phone though, I'm happy with Verizon so far...

Sean Bartel

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Some days i am dying, some days I'm not.

i definitely loving having perks of jailbreaking, but i can live without them.
Some of the perks just get to me sometimes. Like SMS+ or bite whichever you prefer. Its just so useful and makes sms messages so much easier.

jsox78

Aug 30, 2011
johnbowersox.me
In all honesty, I can live, but I have really been looking forward to a jailbreak. The 4S is my first iPhone, but I have jailbroken both my iPod Touch and iPad in the past.

At this point I would love to try LockInfo, BiteSMS and MyWi.

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Wow clevland thank for being so observant to my post count. My measly 30 post to 500 it show who really has things to do. The guy was making a reference to People he knows Seanhrcc has no right to belittle him and then you come in with respect I must gain at a forum. Really earn respect from someone whos post counts higher, I'm glad that respect should be referenced to the amount of post you make. I stand by what I said and the moderator can pm all she wants, about what I said I don't take it back at all he was being rude so I took it to te next level. I thought we were here to help no point out that I have more knowledge than you so your wrong or hey your post count is to low be quiet

What is your problem? Go post somewhere else. We have enough people in the world who are unhappy with everything.

As for jailbreaking my phone my phone which is the topic of this I must say I am not really missing it as of now. Also it's not possible to completely brick an iPhone by just jailbreaking. It sounds like their phones were definitely in DFU mode and would have been fixed easily by someone who knew what they were doing. IT degree or not, you're not sure what you're talking about.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Word on the street is the jailbreak is going to be here rather shortly...here's hoping, i've got nothing to base this on other than rumors I've been reading here and there on apple websites, but when the mill starts churning, it's usually a good sign.

Mike Collins

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Seriously?!

I've jailbroke every iPhone I've had, it's so damn easy thanks to the smart people
who make the apps to do it. Idk how you could manage to mess up, but if you can,
you have absolutely no business trying to jailbreak it to start. You probably won't
have the knowledge or ability to use it to its full potential anyway, if u manage to
somehow mess up the jailbreak.

Cyder

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Miss being jailbroken. ios5 is nice but being jailbroken opens up so much more customization.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iPhoneGleek

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
As others have said I can live without it (especially with iOS5) but I like to play around with my phone so I will jailbreak as soon as I can. I'm gonna stay on 5.0 so I'll be able to jailbreak when the untethered comes out.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm undecided. I was jail broken for a month and wasn't impressed. I played with winter and dream board and a bunch of tweaks, but the main reasons I jail broke - lock screen notifications and notification drop down - are stock now. I didn't enjoy the random shut downs and battery life hit I took so I went back to stock and those issues stopped. Didn't jail break again and likely won't again. The reason I went IPhone at all was because I was sick of hybrid OS installs on BB and the constant issues with my rooted and custom rommed android. It was a full time job to keep up with the bugs. So, now that I jail broke and had some negative experiences I am gonna think long and hard before jailbreaking again.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73