View Poll Results: Do you care for a jailbreak
- 210. You may not vote on this poll
Yes i'm dying for a jailbreak to be released for the 4s
No, I don't care for a jailbreak the phone is perfect out the box.
- 11-14-2011, 10:55 PM #26
- 11-14-2011, 11:42 PM #27
Correct, sounds like those phones were just in DFU mode or something like that which is easily fixed, I know absolutely nothing about computers and how they work etc. Yet I've been jailbreaking my phone for years now, all the problems I've had were from tweaks that had bugs in them, or mistakes I made, all correctable though.
The biggest problem I ever had with an iPhone was a couple months after I got my 3G in 08 and I didn't even know what jailbreaking was, one night the phone just rebooted by itself and froze up on the Apple logo, I lost all my info, had to restore the phone. I've never had that happen all the years I've been jailbroken, and iOS5 is as fast and reliable as ever running the semi-tethered JB.
All I can say to people who aren't jailbroken is yes, it's not necessary, but boy are you missing out, there's hundreds of tweaks just in Cydia allowing you to do things with your phone you never imagined. I use stuff that mostly adds to the functionality of the phone, and themes to make it look how I like it to look. The grid of mis-matching icons gets old after 4 years..
- 11-14-2011, 11:43 PM #28
- 11-15-2011, 12:10 AM #29
Look who's talking now ... Wow is all I can say... You need to earn respect around here and your newbie 30 something posts here hasn't earned squat ... Regardless of how long you've been a member ..... Just my .02 worth here... Let's keep it respectful shall we ? This is EXACTLY why I left cb
Last edited by Cleveland; 11-15-2011 at 12:12 AM.
- 11-15-2011, 04:00 AM #30
Have to agree. JB in itself is harmless. It's the "now what" that gets people in trouble as they go off exploring the various cydia tweaks. Or failure to follow directions properly. For that reason, i don't even bother recommending jb for friends & family. It'd just mean more support from me.
- 11-15-2011, 05:22 AM #31
- 11-15-2011, 02:31 PM #32
Wow clevland thank for being so observant to my post count. My measly 30 post to 500 it show who really has things to do. The guy was making a reference to People he knows Seanhrcc has no right to belittle him and then you come in with respect I must gain at a forum. Really earn respect from someone whos post counts higher, I'm glad that respect should be referenced to the amount of post you make. I stand by what I said and the moderator can pm all she wants, about what I said I don't take it back at all he was being rude so I took it to te next level. I thought we were here to help no point out that I have more knowledge than you so your wrong or hey your post count is to low be quiet
Last edited by bsanto9; 11-15-2011 at 02:39 PM.
- 11-15-2011, 03:00 PM #33Wow Seanhrcc when I comes to taking things up the a** you really show them don't you!! Congrats you give a whole new meaning d***. Im a electrical engineer where should I cram that? I know in my bank account.
Anyways, thanks for taking it to the "next level". :o
- 11-15-2011, 03:01 PM #34
- 11-15-2011, 03:18 PM #35
- 11-15-2011, 04:19 PM #36
lets not flame eachother please guy's its like a warzone in here.
anyways again i see myself checking to see if there was a jailbreak released but no cigar lol
in the end we're all here for the same reason, and its to learn more information. its your choice how you want to take that information...
you don't have to listen or believe everything you see or read...
- 11-16-2011, 03:13 AM #38
- 11-16-2011, 05:23 AM #39
- 11-16-2011, 07:57 AM #40
I've seen quite a few ss's of JB devices with the themes and colors you can add and they look really nice, but I just don't want to get into tweaking all that. I honestly really enjoy the 4S right outta box
- 11-16-2011, 08:08 AM #41
- 11-16-2011, 09:30 AM #42
- 11-16-2011, 09:35 AM #43
- 11-16-2011, 09:49 AM #44
- 11-16-2011, 09:50 AM #45
- 11-16-2011, 09:51 AM #46
I'm managing without the jailbreak for now, but I'm making a whole bunch of compromises to make the device work like how I had my 4 setup. Keeping in mind that I use my phone as my primary work phone, that tells you how stable a jailbreak can be if you stick with the tried and true tweaks to get better functionality. The tweaks I'm missing are:
- MailEnhancer, this tweak allows to you to totally customize your email with different signatures, unique alert tones and even an icon indicating new email in the banner. Since I use my phone specifically for work, I need to have an official looking signature in all my work emails with all the proper contact info. However, I don't want to have that same signature going out with all personal email as well. I was hoping iOS 5 would offer this functionality, but not luck...it's like Apple wants us to have no more than one email account on our phone at any one time. I also like to have a unique alert tone to let me know when an work email comes in, so I know to check it right away. If its a personal email...no rush.
- AnyAttach, allows me to attach files to an email right from the Mail app...even replies. It even allows me to attach files right from my Dropbox, a extremely useful feature. I can't tell you how many times I have gotten an email from a coworker or my boss asking me if I had copy of some file and I just couldn't hit reply and attach the file. Starting an entire new email from within another app to respond to an email is a pain and gives no context to an email chain.
- SBSettings, toggles to quickly adjust almost any setting on the phone on the fly. Very convenient and even though I have done the Icon Project tweak mentioned earlier to replicate some the functionality, it just isn't the same.
- BiteSMS, the best replacement for the stock messaging program. Lots of features, including the ability to quickly reply to a message in the alert popup, without exiting out of the app you are currently in. Also the ability to quick compose a message by tapping the volume button.
I can pretty much live without any other tweaks that a jailbreak offers, but the ones above are essential to me. In fact, those are features found on most other smartphones just not in iOS. Let's be honest, multiple email accounts and attachments are standard on all other platforms and the fact I have to jailbreak to replicate them...ridiculous.
- 11-16-2011, 09:54 AM #47
- 11-16-2011, 09:58 AM #48
- 11-16-2011, 10:23 AM #49
I recently picked up a 4S and an iPad2 after spending many, many years on Blackberry. I don't think I ever had a BB that I didn't alter so I'm probably going to JB my iPhone. Being new to the iOS world, can someone tell me some of the benefits of JB. I've seen several posts about 5 icons in the dock so I get that. I'm also assuming that if I JB my devices that I can drag and drop files over USB without going through iTunes. What other cool things might JB allow me to do?
- 11-16-2011, 10:27 AM #50