So signing out from the app store does help battery drain

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
This is really the only tip (besides obvious ones) that has helped....also heard turning off iMessage will help but haven't tried. Is there even much benefit to iMessage

Settings>store>sign out

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
There is plenty of benefit to iMessage for those on limited texting plans, or to avoid paying for international texting.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
The features are mostly the same as the regular messaging, except the ability to send larger texts and files.

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried signing out of the store thru settings if you're experiencing battery drain. Currently Im signed out and turned off iMessage and mine has improved. I did both just because I heard both can cause a drain

Philbaines

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
this battery drain is really getting to me-all these great features you have to turn off to save the battery-might as well have a old dated phone.

come on apple sort it out!

chris3896

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah but what's the point of advertising that a phone that has really good battery life when you have to throw it in a battery case? Makes it the same as an android or any other phone. They just need to fix the problem!

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I guess the real question is, how much time are people getting out of there battery versus how much more time are you looking to gain by turning off things like iMessage and the app store? To me, it doesn't make any sense if you in theory are gaining lets say an hour more overall. Unless your talking gains of half a day or more then it's not worth it. Turning any feature of the phone off is a modest gain at best not substantial.

If you use your phone all day and by time you get home it's at 20% or less, is that a bad thing? Or are people saying there phone is completely dead mid day and won't make it until the end.

We all use our phones differently therefore, our perspective's on good and poor battery life will be different. When I see posts like this seeking to gain more juice from the battery I have to ask just how much more and what are you getting now?

jtrevill

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
I think that it doesn't matter if it is at 20% or dead when you get home. The people with issues are getting even close to what was advertised. On Apple.com it still shows:

Talk time: Up to 8 hours on 3G, up to 14 hours on 2G (GSM)
Standby time: Up to 200 hours
Internet use: Up to 6 hours on 3G, up to 9 hours on Wi-Fi
Video playback: Up to 10 hours
Audio playback: Up to 40 hours

No way anyone is getting anywhere near this kind of time out of it.

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't want to have to turn off the all settings that make it a great phone. I can stil get through the day without need to charge, so I'm not complaining. I do need to charge over night every day, but who cares? It's a great phone and I don't want to turn off all the features that make it great just to get some more juice out of it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711