battery dies at 50%

oletheos

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
so like everyone else im having some battery issues but yet to see any one with one like mine.

before the update i got a quicker drain than what should of been normal. 10% a night while sleeping and quickly thru the day through use.
i do the update and things seem great, i go to bed with 100% and i wake up at 100%. then last night i lost 10% while sleeping like it used to. Now like clock work, everytime my battery hits 52% the phone will die until i plug it in, but once it reaches 52 again, bam. shuts down. it did this a few times before, but now its regular.

anyone else seen or read of this issue?
verizon 4s btw.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Haven't seen or hear of this issue. Maybe you have a faulty device. I'd make an appt at apple to have your phone looked at if I were you.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

oletheos

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
i think my other reply got swallowed so here it is again in case

the nearest apple store is 300 miles in st louis so thats not really an option.
think i'd have any luck with a verizon store or should i just try to call apple tomorrow and see what happens?

DMAN1961

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Mine dies at 74%

I am on my third iPhone 4s - BOTH of my privious phones after about 2 months of use developed the problem of shutting down when the battery got down to 74%. - Took them to the i-store and they promply gave me new phones but this is a hasstle!!

I am using the original OEM iPhone charger that I got with the phone, and I charge it from my laptop, I wonder if I should get a new wall charger?
Has anyone heard of any problems with the OEM Apple wall chargers?

Thanks
D

Last edited:

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Ironically just seconds before reading your post, I had plugged my phone in at my desk. It was at 51%.

Yes, definitely call Apple, they will take care of you.