How do you delete the birthday's from your calendar?

ptb127

Dec 14, 2008
Visit site
I am annoyed with the birthdays being on the calendar notification. they are turned off in the regular view but every time I pull down the notification center, it shows me any birthdays coming up. How do I delete that completely from the notification center/calendar without disabling seeing the calendar in the notification center? Anyone else having that problem?

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
If you don't want to know when the birthdays you can delete them from the contact and you won't see it. I love seeing my upcoming birthdays. I always forget people's birthdays.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mped

ptb127

Dec 14, 2008
Visit site
I don't want to go through contact by contact, just don't want them to show up in my notification center. Anyone else?

gociii

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Resolution here ;)

Hi ptb127 (& other iPhone annoyed users)....

I feel your pain guys ;) It was possible to address this issue for me as I have a Jailbroken iPhone... If not, this is not gonna be the solution for you - sorry....

Before proceeding any further make sure you do NOT have any Calendars named 'Birthdays' and if so... make sure you rename them, in order to leave just the inbuilt Apple calendar using that name.

So here you go:

1. Get Cydia on your phone (usually) available upon jailbreaking the device.
2. Install SQLite3 (thanks to Saurik) from Cydia - if you're unable to see SQLite3 in the search result change profile to Developer rather than Hacker or User.
3. Install OpenSSH too.
4. SSH to iPhone and hover on to the Calendar directory where Calendar.sqlitedb resides ... in my iPhone 3GS case, which is running on 5.1.1, it is located in /User/Library/Calendar
5. Run SQLite manager by typing:
sqlite3 Calendar.sqlitedb

6. At the SQL prompt type the following
A) to view Birthdays records type:
SELECT * FROM Calendar WHERE Title = 'Birthdays';
B) to delete these records type:
DELETE FROM Calendar WHERE Title ='Birthdays';

You can now check your Calendar App... which now should be not showing it. Hope this method helped you ridding off that annoying Birthdays calendar.

Good day ;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2