Do you use the drop down menu much?

runner7395

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Do you use the drop down notification center much?

Since having my 4s since the launch I'm finding that I hardly ever use the drop down menu. In fact, I sometimes forget that it is even there. This surprises me because I used it all the time when I had android phones and I couldn't wait to get in on iOS. Anyone else ever forget that it's there?

Last edited:

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I use it all the time for a quick glance at what's going on on my iPhone. I also come from TeamJailbreak and LockInfo was one of my favorite apps -- I wish the iOS 5 notification center was available to drop down from the lock screen!

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I think it'll be opened up for a few, but some widgets will wreak havoc on battery life and that's not gonna happen lol

Ginbill

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
This sounds silly but the times I've pulled it down intentionally, I was only try to look at the date. And I always forget it doesn't even show it. Just the time like the home screen. Oops :D

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I use it ... however you dont need to use it as much as android because notifications show up on the lock screen unlike android

elavum

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I use it very often to find appointments , weather, and quick glacé at my emails. This is my favorite feature of iPhone. I am hoping that they will expand the functionality more by giving access to 3rd party apps. They should make it available in lock screen also. I love iOS.

jakeless.123

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I use it quite a bit. The thing is that when I see a badge on an app I don't think to pull down the notification center, I just click the app I see the badge for.

Sent from my iPhone communication device using Tapatalk

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Wow, surprised to see that not many utilize this feature!

I use it all the time. I have to make sure I have clients' bookout dates literally at my fingertips and it's easier than having to open up and scroll through the calendar.

Also, since I am used to having the separate folders, ringtones and notifications for email (from my BlackBerry days) it's the easiest way to check which emails just came in and from where without having to check each account since the one email icon on the home screen bunches them all together. I just have to check and clear it often because it only gives you the 10 most recent emails.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods