How to delete Siri

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyadan#IM

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Why would you even want to?

I never use it. I dont want it. dont even want it to be accidently activated, and i feel without it installed, the phone would run much faster. i love the 4S camera and A5 chip but i can do wihtout Siri. i guess maybe a jailbreak might be in order

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Deleting Siri will not make your iPhone 4S run faster...you've probably not even pushed your iPhone to half of its processing capabilities even as it sits, so Siri is basically sitting dormant doing nothing for or against the performance of your phone.

Also, i find it funny you're so passionately against Siri, its not like the function is forced on you, its kind of like the iPod, you don't have to put music on your iPhone and use the iPod at all...it'll just sit back and do nothing.

Yet you hate Siri so much, lmao...quite humorous.

njt462

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
They probably want it off their phone because it has learned feelings and she is getting too clingy to him, or has learned foul language and in meetings and in public it sounds worse the Cartman from South Park on a good day. :)

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking about getting a Ferrari... I'll never have a need to go as fast as it can with a 12 cylinder motor - so I want to replace it with a 4 banger... I just like the look of the Ferrari and it has a great sound system.... (/sarcasm) :eek: :D

Reactions: MX888

Manzanas

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
To the OP it is strange that you hate Siri so much. As others have already stated, you cannot delete Siri. Your best bet will be to just turn that off and let it sit there. Siri is integrated into everything, so you probably will do a lot of damage to the phone by trying to delete it.

Rocknmandan

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Siri infuriates me

Its a matter of principle, Siri does nothing but annoyance. I stand by this but it takes Siri anywhere from 2x - 3x longer than doing it yourself! She rarely ever understands me. Is incredibly useless when it comes maps! I say my address, she gets it wrong, I retype in Siri so that it is set up right, and she tries to take to to San francisco, I think you meant this street, it's like saying "21 2nd street, my city, California, my zip (retyped to make it perfect) and she goes I think you meant 2nd street in San Francisco. Well no I didn't Siri, where am I? And she then spells out what I said, frustrating, extremely. And she doesn't do intersections, I never know the street address but I know the intersection, but sadly Siri isn't smart enough.
To sum it all up Siri is like a dog without any of the perks and she doesn't know your annoyed! Even a rat knows when your annoyed and doesn't rub it in your face in the most stuck up way possible. So needless to say I hate sir. Is deleting it gonna be as hard as completely deleting Internet explorer in windows, which Microsoft makes as hard as possible. Sigh. Technology is annoying when it sucks like Siri. Go away Siri even if I turn you off I'll know your there still!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Its a matter of principle, Siri does nothing but annoyance. I stand by this but it takes Siri anywhere from 2x - 3x longer than doing it yourself! She rarely ever understands me. Is incredibly useless when it comes maps! I say my address, she gets it wrong, I retype in Siri so that it is set up right, and she tries to take to to San francisco, I think you meant this street, it's like saying "21 2nd street, my city, California, my zip (retyped to make it perfect) and she goes I think you meant 2nd street in San Francisco. Well no I didn't Siri, where am I? And she then spells out what I said, frustrating, extremely. And she doesn't do intersections, I never know the street address but I know the intersection, but sadly Siri isn't smart enough.
To sum it all up Siri is like a dog without any of the perks and she doesn't know your annoyed! Even a rat knows when your annoyed and doesn't rub it in your face in the most stuck up way possible. So needless to say I hate sir. Is deleting it gonna be as hard as completely deleting Internet explorer in windows, which Microsoft makes as hard as possible. Sigh. Technology is annoying when it sucks like Siri. Go away Siri even if I turn you off I'll know your there still!

So you turn Siri off. Why on earth would you want to remove the program when it can simply be turned off...to save space? lol, you should see how much space Siri actually takes up and then reassess your needs for space accordingly when you realize how insignificant the savings would be.

It's like having a cut on your finger, and wanting to have part of your nervous system removed so you don't feel the pain from it. Kind of idiotic honestly when you could just take an advil.

And as far as your complaints...you're mad because Siri isn't a navigation system? That seems to be the meat of your complaining, that Siri isn't a fully integrated and functional navigation system. Boo Hoo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh