Is there any way to clear the documents and data usage from apps without deleting the whole app in iOS5?
    11-11-2011 02:42 PM
    I don't understand the question. It's not an app.
    11-11-2011 04:46 PM
    The poster wants to know if there is a way to delete the "documents and data" from any specific application without removing the application from the phone.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find a way to do this.
    Deleting the app and then re-install it could be a workaround.
    11-13-2011 01:09 AM
    Thanks man.
    11-13-2011 04:08 AM
    So it seems that no one has figured this issue out yet huh? Everyone at work that has an iPhone weren't even aware of the problem. I noticed it when Facebook grew to 150MB+.
    I hope the answer to this is just simply delete and redownload. There needs to be an easier way for users to delete this info.
    12-01-2011 12:06 PM
    Has anyone figured out how to delete the docs and data without deleting the app? It was annoying to do it with just one app already let alone all of them. No one seems to have an answer.
    12-02-2011 03:15 PM
    theres not a way to do it sorry..
    12-02-2011 03:31 PM
    Even when you delete and reinstall it won't be at zero. It's really not a big deal, and just let it go. Don't worry about it.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    12-02-2011 04:24 PM
    Even when you delete and reinstall it won't be at zero. It's really not a big deal, and just let it go. Don't worry about it.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    This isn't a great option. I'm in a 16mb iPad. My Facebook app was at 500+ megabytes! That's a lot of storage for caching, which is what I assume FB is doing.

It's not just FB either. My Filterstorm app is at 50+ Meg's right now and it's an 11 mb app. I don't ave anything stored within it. It's caching something I imagine.

Ether the developers or Apple needs a way to release the caches after the app closes or after a certain time period. I would say its more f the developers' issue to do this.

Either way, it's not something to let go.
    12-06-2011 10:18 AM
    I made a post about this a while back and could never figure it out. There is no simple fix
    12-06-2011 11:50 AM
    This isn't a great option. I'm in a 16mb iPad. My Facebook app was at 500+ megabytes! That's a lot of storage for caching, which is what I assume FB is doing.

It's not just FB either. My Filterstorm app is at 50+ Meg's right now and it's an 11 mb app. I don't ave anything stored within it. It's caching something I imagine.

Ether the developers or Apple needs a way to release the caches after the app closes or after a certain time period. I would say its more f the developers' issue to do this.

Either way, it's not something to let go.
    Just what I was thinking. I got a 16gig iphone too. My facebook ballooned to 300mb in like two weeks.

We all didnt buy the 64gig versions of apple's products.
    12-07-2011 01:58 PM
    Ok, 2014. Does anyone know now how to delete the data from an app? Cause I removed the app, then I did the download again, and it looks pretty much the same, is still there, which is really annoying.
    I would love to know how to simple remove EVERYTHING from an app of my iPhone 4.

Thank you in advance!
    Cheers,
    01-24-2014 03:33 PM
    A 3 year old thread... But same problems. Funny.

Is the extra data causing a problem?

Sent from my iPhone 5 with the iMore Forums App
    01-24-2014 03:44 PM
    Ok, 2014. Does anyone know now how to delete the data from an app? Cause I removed the app, then I did the download again, and it looks pretty much the same, is still there, which is really annoying.
    I would love to know how to simple remove EVERYTHING from an app of my iPhone 4.

Thank you in advance!
    Cheers,
    Go to Settings - General - Usage. Tap on the app. Tap on "Delete App". Now reboot the device. NOTE: If the app auto-saves data to iCloud then upon re-installing the app, the data will be re-synced it.
    Peligro911 likes this.
    01-24-2014 07:37 PM

Thank you in advance!
    Cheers,
    Welcome to iMore.
    01-24-2014 07:53 PM
    Has anyone been able to crack this yet? I had a ton of room on my iphone 4s before I applied the new update on Sunday. Now I can't have ANYTHING on my phone - no films, no books, pictures, anything, without it saying its full. I've tried all the things mentioned on this thread. Given I primarily use my phone for watching TV or Films or reading, this is very annoying. The Documents and Data is now at 10.86 gb. Any help, gratefully received.
    03-21-2014 12:42 PM
    Try the app called Battery Doctor which is free in the App Store. I find that it is effective at clearing unwanted junk from my ios devices and freeing up space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04-16-2014 07:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD