Verizon store iphone return policy

N1gh7m4r3

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Just got my iphone 4s today, paid for it like a week ago through my local verizon wireless store. When I walk in today, there's a nice hand made sign saying "All iPhone sales are final" so as I was finishing up my paperwork I asked him if i was disatisfied with the phone over the next two weeks was I able to return it, and they said no... So i'm curious if verizon themselves would hold to the two weeks return policy. Anyone else had to deal with this?

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Just got my iphone 4s today, paid for it like a week ago through my local verizon wireless store. When I walk in today, there's a nice hand made sign saying "All iPhone sales are final" so as I was finishing up my paperwork I asked him if i was disatisfied with the phone over the next two weeks was I able to return it, and they said no... So i'm curious if verizon themselves would hold to the two weeks return policy. Anyone else had to deal with this?

I thought that verizon had a 30 day return policy like every other carrier... thats weird

at&t lets us return it

jakeless.123

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

I wonder why they are doing this? Is this a real corporate store or one of those Verizon branded off suit stores?

Sent from my iPhone communication device using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Were you at a corporate store? They have a very strict rule about no hand-lettered signage anywhere on their sales floors... second, their usual policy is 14 days with a restocking fee... the day you pick it up is day one...

chris3896

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Most likely an authorized retailer and not a corporate store. Verizon's standard return policy is 14 days to completely reverse an upgrade. Most likely they will charge you a restocking fee.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I thought that verizon had a 30 day return policy like every other carrier... thats weird

at&t lets us return it
AT&T is the only one left with 30 days... so expect them to follow suit one day.

Sprint recently changed their return policy before the iPhone 4/4S was announced.

Corporate stores from all carriers, at least from my experience working at AT&T/Sprint and knowing people from the other two, aren't hand written.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Most likely an authorized retailer and not a corporate store. Verizon's standard return policy is 14 days to completely reverse an upgrade. Most likely they will charge you a restocking fee.

I agree. None of the 5 Verizon corporate stores in my area have this policy even for the iPhone. Any phone can be returned with 14 days. They do charge a restocking fee, though.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
AT&T is the only one left with 30 days... so expect them to follow suit one day.

Sprint recently changed their return policy before the iPhone 4/4S was announced.

Corporate stores from all carriers, at least from my experience working at AT&T/Sprint and knowing people from the other two, aren't hand written.

Verizon's had the 14 day policy for more than a year now. I thought for sure AT&T was going to change their policy to 14 days shortly after Verizon, but they didn't.

N1gh7m4r3

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it's like a subsidized store owned by a local company (it's a small town) thanks for all the replies, and the only reason why i would ever want to return it, is if i find the 16 gb isn't enough storage. That and I cant get my damn screen protector off (put one on that has black slots and not the extended white one) argh even super glue wont get it off or even mar the surface

IIJBII

Jul 24, 2004
Visit site
Depending on your state (I know mine) has a period to get out of a contract. Unless that's changed it was typically a window. If you called the carrier directly I'm sure they would tell you there is a window.

As another poster said, why would you want to return an iPhone?... Unless, of course you are looking to fire up the old star-tack (kidding).

takeshi

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
So i'm curious if verizon themselves would hold to the two weeks return policy. Anyone else had to deal with this?
Interesting question. I don't think Verizon can be held accountable for policies of a 3rd party reseller but there has to be a way for you to cancel with Verizon. I have no experience with this. If there were no VZW corporate stores available to me I'd order directly from Apple (which is what I did anyway).

Other than replacing, why would you want to return an iPhone anyway?
As another poster said, why would you want to return an iPhone?
No device is one-size-fits-all. Just because you or I or anyone else is happy with the iPhone doesn't mean that every person out there will be. Same applies to any smartphone out there.

Last edited:

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site

Good to know havent really paid attention I guess

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Interesting question. I don't think Verizon can be held accountable for policies of a 3rd party reseller but there has to be a way for you to cancel with Verizon. I have no experience with this. If there were no VZW corporate stores available to me I'd order directly from Apple (which is what I did anyway).

No device is one-size-fits-all. Just because you or I or anyone else is happy with the iPhone doesn't mean that every person out there will be. Same applies to any smartphone out there.

I completely agree with this just because I like the iPhone doesn't mean someone else will :)