Can't get Twitter notifications

dbains8

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I've installed the official Twitter app and I can't get it to notify me for new tweets. When I look through the settings, I'm thinking that it doesn't have this functionality and that you just open the app & manually refresh. Other Twitter apps I've used have a setting where you control the polling interval & notification sound. Am I missing something or is that just how the official Twitter app works? Thanks -

IamHahn

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I've installed the official Twitter app and I can't get it to notify me for new tweets. When I look through the settings, I'm thinking that it doesn't have this functionality and that you just open the app & manually refresh. Other Twitter apps I've used have a setting where you control the polling interval & notification sound. Am I missing something or is that just how the official Twitter app works? Thanks -

Are you wanting updates for those you're following or just when you get something replied or mentioned? It is my understanding that the Twitter app does the latter, and other apps can be used for the former.

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
Are you going into Setting in the Twitter app? If not, go into Twitter and go to settings. There is an option in settings in the Twitter app to be notified of mentions from people who follow you and from everyone.

dbains8

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
What I'd like is for the Twitter app to poll, say every 15 minutes, and if there are any new Tweets from people I follow - make a sound & show a notification. In settings > notifications, I have messages on and mentions & replies on. However - I'm looking for new Tweets, not messages, replies or mentions. There doesn't seem to be any setting for just plain old Tweets. I think @hahn is probably right: it doesn't appear that the official Twitter app updates for new Tweets, so I guess I'll need to look at another Twitter app. Thanks all!

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
not only that... but when you open it, it doesnt show the newest tweet! you have to scroll alllll the way up. drives me nuts.

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
not only that... but when you open it, it doesnt show the newest tweet! you have to scroll alllll the way up. drives me nuts.

You dont have to scroll to the top using your figures, Just hit the top bar where the time is on your phone and it will take you to the top. That works on every application, Safari, email, etc...

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711