why are prices so high?

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
how do you do that? will they let you in store after you buy it if you tell that you hate your phone and and don't want it?

What I did was log onto my sprint account and clicked the phone that I wanted to swap and then I swapped the phones. You don't have to go into the store to swap the phones.....it use to be a problem swapping phones because you would loose the mail in rebate; I haven't bought a phone from the sprint store in ages I normally do it at a Best Buy or RadioShak the only reason I will be going to sprint is because they are offering the most for my Epic

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I will be going in to buy it to see my options for getting it at new contract price w/o having to get a new account and if ultimately that is what I have to do then so be it.....the iPhone 4S doesn't have a mail-in rebate

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I know so it shouldn't be a problem for you to switch it to your main line sell the phone that you have and save it so you can put it towards your ETF the only thing that I don't know for sure is how long you will have to wait before you can do that to avoid having to pay full price for the phone.

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I know so it shouldn't be a problem for you to switch it to your main line sell the phone that you have and save it so you can put it towards your ETF the only thing that I don't know for sure is how long you will have to wait before you can do that to avoid having to pay full price for the phone.

30 days!

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
You will go to sprint and log into your account and since you have the one device you on the right hand side you should see a tab that says manage this device click on it and it will give you a list of options and then you will see activate a new device and you click on that and then a screen that says enter the information from the phone and then you complete the steps and you are all done.

gregorylkelly

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
The answer here is to sell your Evo 4G on ebay/craigslist and but an iPhone 4S on ebay/craigslist. It's going to end up costing you a few hundred still but it's better than any other options.

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
You will go to sprint and log into your account and since you have the one device you on the right hand side you should see a tab that says manage this device click on it and it will give you a list of options and then you will see activate a new device and you click on that and then a screen that says enter the information from the phone and then you complete the steps and you are all done.
and that is how swap them online? any new activation fee?

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Well if you aren't on Sprint, you can't really do it. With ATT you kind of just move SIM's I would think.

crackercraig#IM

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
well I owe Verizon money and AT&T charges a $700 deposit for new customers I tried already

AT&T charges $700 for new customers? What's that about? I wasn't asked to pay anything when I first signed up with AT&T except the cost of the phone.

Maybe you could think about getting an iPhone 4 instead. You can find one for a much lower price and go to Verizon. Just pay them what you owe them and sign up. Unless you owe them too much and that's a whole other story all together. That changes things. I don't normally pass judgement but it seems to me that for someone that has wireless companies coming after them, maybe it's a sign that a $500 phone just wasn't meant to be. Maybe the wisest decision is to ride out your contract with the Evo and get the iPhone 5 when it comes out.

Whatever you do, make sure you pay Verizon the money that you owe. My sister owed them a little over $300 and they sent it to collections and then the collection agent filed a judgement against her because she ignored it. Now she cant get a mortgage and she is stuck renting some crappy apartment with her husband and kid. Good luck getting that off your credit report. Is it really worth it? for a cell phone?

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I think there is a lot more to this story than this poster is sharing. I didn't have to pay $700 to start with ATT. She must have a credit issue or something.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I think there is a lot more to this story than this poster is sharing. I didn't have to pay $700 to start with ATT. She must have a credit issue or something.

Correct. The OP stated in another thread that she owes Verizon $500, and has a credit score of 600. Just a guess, but I'd say this could be why AT&T is charging a deposit of $700.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
And if she thinks gaming the system is going to get her the newest phone faster...not likely. It will catch up to her.

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
They mentioned the spending limit on Sprint and that is a result of credit problems. That's why they do it.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

Phil DeLong

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
AT&T charges $700 for new customers? What's that about? I wasn't asked to pay anything when I first signed up with AT&T except the cost of the phone.

No, that is absolutely not the standard thing for them to do. When I was fresh out of high school with no credit they didn't charge me anything for a deposit. There's obviously a glaring red flag on the OP's credit score that we aren't hearing about. Even when I've had friends get charged a deposit, it was never anything more than $150-$200. $700 for a deposit means something is probably seriously scaring the company.

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Correct. The OP stated in another thread that she owes Verizon $500, and has a credit score of 600. Just a guess, but I'd say this could be why AT&T is charging a deposit of $700.

Prior me switching from T-Mobile to Verizon back in June, my score was less than 600 and AT&T only wanted a $150 deposit with me. But I remember when I worked for Dingular their deposits could go as high as $800. I also remember Cincinnati Bell having deposits as high as $1200. :eek:

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh