4s SIM activation issues

Oliverg109

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I bought an iphone 4s brand new sealed and everything from a dude on craigslist. I went to ATT to activate the phone because I have a 3GS, So they told me that the phone couldnt be activated because its registered under another persons number.I have tried also activating it with itunes, with out a SIM and with a SIM, i have even tried formatting it. I dont know who this person is and im not trying to ask them their billing zip code and last four of their ss. I have been to 3 ATT store i have called several times ATT customer service and i have even ended up in the Genuis bar ( which according to them isnt their problem, since its not a hardware issue) a still no luck. I have lost faith with this iphone and i dont know what else to do. Has anyone have has any problems similar to mines or know any solutions?

IIJBII

Jul 24, 2004
Visit site
It sounds like who ever you bought it from used an upgrade or new activation to get the phone.

I would contact them and get your money back.

Oliverg109

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like who ever you bought it from used an upgrade or new activation to get the phone.

I would contact them and get your money back.
So im basically out of luck?....I was thinking of using the COLD sim situation to see if it might work, but im kind of tierd of dealing with ATT.