Camera & camera roll ?froze?

anislandmom

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I was taking a picture using HDR and after taking the picture the 'working wheel' kept spinning. It wouldnt do anything and finally it kicked back to the home screen. I tried to open the camera roll to view the photo and it kicks back to the homescreen. I looked up how to do a reset and did a soft reset. After resetting it still won't open and in fact the camera app will open but as soon as I take a picture it kicks back to the home screen. So I did a hard reset and still doing it. I'm not near any wifi so I can't backup and restore. Anyone have this problem and know how to fix it? I will be back near wifi later. :confused:

anislandmom

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried turning photo stream off and trying to take pictures?
Just tried that and it didn't work. Finally on my way home now so I'm gonna try to sync the photos I have taken to my computer then restore? Only I'll be honest I have no clue how to do that. Is it easy?

anislandmom

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Are you using a mac? Its as easy as opening iPhoto...

No clue on PC...
I have a PC, I've already synced pictures over from the iPhone last night actually. I'm just not sure on restoring but I think I got the gist after some googling. It's weird because I just tries to record a video and it did it, even acted like it saved it but still won't open camera roll and camera won't take pictures. Turned off photo stream and it says this will delete pictures but once turned off photos still in photo stream folder, just can't open it either. I'm hoping restoring fixes this, I just got this phone Thursday and this is not making me a happy customer.

anislandmom

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Restored one from backup and didn't work. Ended up restoring as a new phone and it seems to have fixed the problem. Very strange. Just hope it doesn't happen again.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Restored one from backup and didn't work. Ended up restoring as a new phone and it seems to have fixed the problem. Very strange. Just hope it doesn't happen again.

Seems like some random bug you encountered I have taken many HDR photos with no problems

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

anislandmom

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Seems like some random bug you encountered I have taken many HDR photos with no problems

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
Yes definitely, as I've taken quite a few HDR pictures before that one as well. In fact I had been taking quite a few other pictures, including HDR, in the moments before it bugged out. Just some strange fluke.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711