Time shown on iPhone after switching back to Standard Time

plex03

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I live in the Indianapolis area and when the clocks changed last night mine moved back 2 hrs. because it also switched my Time Zone setting to Chicago.

I had the "Set Location" button to "on" and the Time Zone setting to Indianapolis. When I woke up this morning I noticed the clock was automatically set back by 2 hrs instead of 1.

I turned the "Set Location" button to off and retyped my Time Zone as Indianapolis and now all is good.

The problem now is that when I travel, I'll have to manually set the time when switching time zones.

CrzyP

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
My wife's 4s switch from Denver time to Cupertino on automatic. It won't go back. So I had to set the time zone manually. We're in New Mexico and my 4 didn't have this problem.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
My wife's 4s switch from Denver time to Cupertino on automatic. It won't go back. So I had to set the time zone manually. We're in New Mexico and my 4 didn't have this problem.

My iPhone 4S didn't switch the time back at all even though I had it set for Automatically. I also had to set the time change manually. My iPhone 4 always did this automatically when it was set for it. Not sure why the 4S won't do the same.

Scoop24

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issues. We're the iPhone 4 set the clock back ur my 4s remained the same.

A simple restart of the phone fixed the issue though.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issues. We're the iPhone 4 set the clock back ur my 4s remained the same.

Good to know. I never thought about restarting my 4S since my iPad 2, iPhone 3GS and 4 all set the clock back automatically.

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
im on sprint iphone4S. im in miami florida. mine switched automatically. i have ON "set automatically" and time zone says New York. if after you set to ON just restart the phone. on my phone it was fine on my wifeys iphone this morning we noticed it was showing old time. i told her to restart the phone and that fixed time.

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site

My 4S didn't switch the time either. I had "Setting Time Zone" turned off. Turned it back on before shut down and start up. After turning it off then back on, the time didn't change for a few seconds, then suddenly changed. I guess I have to leave the "Setting Time Zone" on then.

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
My 4S didn't switch the time either. I had "Setting Time Zone" turned off. Turned it back on before shut down and start up. After turning it off then back on, the time didn't change for a few seconds, then suddenly changed. I guess I have to leave the "Setting Time Zone" on then.

that is correct. im glad i was right that the time changing had nothing to do with the time zone setting being off in locations setting. it doesnt affect it at all. many thought by having this off time changing wont occur but it does. the time is sync with ur providers network. (sprint verizon att)

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I was glad when I woke up today that my iPhone displayed the correct time after day light savings time ended. I was worried it wouldn't.

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
that is correct. im glad i was right that the time changing had nothing to do with the time zone setting being off in locations setting. it doesnt affect it at all. many thought by having this off time changing wont occur but it does. the time is sync with ur providers network. (sprint verizon att)

But I had it set to off and the time didn't change. Only after turning it back on and rebooting, did it change. If it gets the time from Sprint, it should've changed whether the Set Time Zone was on or off, but it only changed after turning Set Time Zone back on and a reboot. I shouldn't have to reboot the phone for the time to synch up at daylight savings time. That happens automatically with the 4 but it appears to not be happening with the 4S.

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
But I had it set to off and the time didn't change. Only after turning it back on and rebooting, did it change. If it gets the time from Sprint, it should've changed whether the Set Time Zone was on or off, but it only changed after turning Set Time Zone back on and a reboot. I shouldn't have to reboot the phone for the time to synch up at daylight savings time. That happens automatically with the 4 but it appears to not be happening with the 4S.

both wife and i on sprint. both have iphone 4s. this morning on my iphone time was correct...on hers it wasnt. i told her restart and it fixed time. using blackberrys for 5 years in a row on sprint never had a problem with time changing either. i find it ODD why some ip4s are changing time while others arent

CBMem

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm in Memphis and my 4s kept the time from changing by changing my time zone to New York! Glad I don't depend on this buggy thing to wake up. Just another disappointment in my first iPhone.

DreamOutLoud65

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
both wife and i on sprint. both have iphone 4s. this morning on my iphone time was correct...on hers it wasnt. i told her restart and it fixed time. using blackberrys for 5 years in a row on sprint never had a problem with time changing either. i find it ODD why some ip4s are changing time while others arent

yeah.. same with me.. weird. Mine automatically switched.. Have a friend who has one too and is on sprint as well and hers didn't automatically switch over. Both of us had our phones to "set automatically" with time.

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
So some 4S's that have "Set Time Zone" on are not changing the time? Hmmm.... I wonder if location has anything to do with it?

Last edited:

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
So some 4S's that have "Set Time Zone" on are not changing the time? Hmmm.... I wonder if location has anything to do with it?

I had everything set up on mine so that it should have changed automatically as my other devices did. However, only my iPhone 4S didn't change. If it was a location thing, I would think my iPad 2 and other iPhones wouldn't have changed either.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711