Contact ringtones resetting?

dbains8

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to set a ringtone & text message tone for one of my contacts. I can set it, no problem, and it's fine for maybe a day, but then they both reset to "default." I'm just using stock ringtones. Has anybody else experienced this? Thanks -

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I sync to google and have had contacts disappear in the past. Things seem to have gotten better. I don't do the whole custom contact ringtones, so I wouldn't have had this issue ever.

dbains8

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I think we've fixed it. The contact in question was actually set up twice - once using just a nickname, and once with first & last name. They both had most of the same contact info. We just merged them so there is one contact now and that seems to have solved the problem. Thanks for your help.

golfgal

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I purchased a ringtone directly from the iTunes store under the Sounds setting where it says "Buy More Tones". I assigned it to a contact. That was on Saturday. Today, it's totally gone from both my phone and my iTunes library on my Mac. I still have the receipt for it and have "reported a problem". Has anyone else had this happen?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73