How long to exchange iPhone with AT&T

ezermb

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I bought a white iPhone 4S on launch day at the ATT store..well I think im kinda changing my mind on the white, and thinking I want to get a black one instead. Obviously it hasnt passed 30 days yet, does anyone know if I could exchange it? Thanks in advanced.

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I think most places have a 7 day exchange period and the 30 day period is for if there is any defective with the productive.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I used to sell cell phones way back when and the return period was always the same as exchange. If AT&T gives you 30 days to return, I'm 99% sure you have 30 days to exchange.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I bought a white iPhone 4S on launch day at the ATT store..well I think im kinda changing my mind on the white, and thinking I want to get a black one instead. Obviously it hasnt passed 30 days yet, does anyone know if I could exchange it? Thanks in advanced.

Since you are still within your 30 day exchange/return period you can still exchange it at any corporate AT&T store if they have them in stock. Best thing to do is call around to the stores in your area and find out when they are expecting a shipment to come in. The one in my area said they usually get a few in on Friday afternoon and are sold out by the end of the day, so if you do find one go there as soon as you can.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Yeah, all what is posted is basically true...but very few AT&T stores have stock to handle exchanges yet. Most are still only stocking a few at random times for retail. I would sure call ahead and see if they had another phone in stock for you.

I had to exchange my original 4Gs because of outgoing call issues and random call dropping...and finally had to settle for two choices...go through the mail exchange deal with Apple, which has become a total PITA in the last couple of years ($500 deposit on your credit card...), or drive the 7-hour round trip to my "local" Apple store in St. Louis. Once I got there, I was in and out in less than an hour...but it wasn't fun. :(

DANNCAS

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
30days

you have 30 days and need to pay 35.oo dallors restocking fee. But you will wait to get a phone.
I have a Gallaxy S2 and waiting for my iphone 3 weeks now. had to pay 35 restock fee. at lest they are letting me keep the droid till then and will refund the cash for the droid. Untill now I piad for two phones.
If I was you I keep what you have

ezermb

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks you guys for all the replys! Im gonna think about it, I only have a few more days, but just wanted to know my options as it comes down to the end of the 30 days. Thanks!!