spotfire

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Right now we switched over to gmail for our email (local Gov)..however it does not work so well on the iphone.
Then I also have a second gmail on the phone that is hosted though gmail.

My question is there anything better then gmail?

Or what do others use?

IamHahn

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
setup your gmail account as exchange using the server m.google.com

when set up as exchange the native application works awesome with gmail I think gmail is the best provider for the iPhone..

papadonna

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
setup your gmail account as exchange using the server m.google.com

when set up as exchange the native application works awesome with gmail I think gmail is the best provider for the iPhone..

I second that....set it up as an exchange and email is pushed instantly almost!

wunhangios

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Just remember the big issue with gmail as exchange - deleting emails in the Mail app will only "archive" the message (It will not go into the trash but will stay in the "All Mail" folder).

The best workaround people have come up with is to move messages to a new "folder" (labels on gmail) which you can then search for and actually delete when you're back on the desktop website.

jamesrshaffer

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I agree with gmail and exchange. That is how I have it setup. I checked out the gmail app, but really didn't like it as much as the native email. I did find out as well that it does archive mail when deleted from native mail app. Could there be a possible setting to delete in all mailboxes?

IIJBII

Jul 24, 2004
Visit site
Right now we switched over to gmail for our email (local Gov)..however it does not work so well on the iphone.
Then I also have a second gmail on the phone that is hosted though gmail.

My question is there anything better then gmail?

Or what do others use?

Others have made good suggestions but my question is a local government department is switching to gmail?

Not that I doubt gmail and security, but; I would think your agency would be concerned with this.

Just a thought.

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Folks love to say that Yahoo mail is so yesterday but I've had zero problems syncing with my Nook Color, Touchpad, and now the 4S. It works perfectly.