Upgrade

Mr.Mcgoo

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I just can't commit, I like the iPhone 4s and owned the the iPhone 3 which I felt was a great phone and since have own HTC Dinc, The past 2 nights I could have reserved one through Apple but keep second guessing myself, I have a gmail account and google voice and here is the funny thing I have them because it worked the best with the iPhone back then.

Anyway with so many phones coming out it is just hard to say ok time to go back to Apple or maybe see what Google has to offer with the new software. Never thought it would be that tough to make my mind up over a phone! I think back when I owned a bag phone back in the 80's.

Gixxer07

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
That's a lot of the reason that I love the iPhone. You don't have a new phone coming out every week that makes you feel like you regret getting the one you got. I like iOS. I'm sure I would probably like android as well once I got used to it. But every week there would be a new droid out that would make me regret getting the one I chose.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
That's a lot of the reason that I love the iPhone. You don't have a new phone coming out every week that makes you feel like you regret getting the one you got. I like iOS. I'm sure I would probably like android as well once I got used to it. But every week there would be a new droid out that would make me regret getting the one I chose.

That is the main reason why I don't like android. I like to have the latest, and best phone, and when there is a new one coming every month, that's hard to do. Also I love how smooth the iPhone UI is.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site

I've never had the time to bother with android and don't really care for much of the google ecosystem. But I wasn't aware that new versions of android come out every week or month. And the only android phone i'd be remotely interested in would be one directly supported by google or their Nexus line. I know those don't come out every week or month either.

Most androids current come with 2.3 and many previous ones weren't even upgraded to it. 2.3 was released a year ago in Dec 2010.

Android 4.0 (3.0 was tablets) had its sdk released in Oct 2011. Other than having a Nexus phone, it's a crap shoot if you'll ever see it. The latest Nexus phone won't be available til end of year in the US, more than a year later from its previous Nexus S.

Still, if you bought a Galaxy Nexus next month, why would any subsequent hardware release from the various android makers bother you? It'd still have the same version of android. The hardware differences wouldn't be significant. They'd come with crappy skins overlaid. Any android not a Nexus is simply noise to be tuned out.

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
don't second guess yourself, that's what I did for like a week or so and then I finally grew a pair and ordered the 4S. I'm happy with my decision

_heatherly

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I've never ventured over to the Android phones because I find most of them to be visually unappealing. I get confused with how many different Android devices there are!

I love how simple and easy iPhones are. I left BlackBerry for the iPhone and I think I'll be here to stay for a long time. It just works so easily.

ragulto

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Same here. I thought when I had the Iphone 4 i told myself that I dont NEED the 4S. Now that I have the 4S, i'm glad that I made the move. Thanks to my mother in law who bought my less than a year Ip[hone 4 for $300 so I can get the 4S. Sometimes, in-laws can be a blessing! :D

Crisdean

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I've had a play with Android but love how the iPhone works. If I was you I went for the iPhone. For me having secure apps is important. Google don't really check on malicious software do they? Having a banking app on an Android phone would make me feel nervous.

I love the way iPhone etc. work. If that helps you I don't know. Good luck mate!

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
The problem with Android for me -- because I like to have the latest/greatest -- I would not know which phone to buy. Seems like there is always something missing with each new Android phone released... and they are constantly releasing "better" phones... would drive me crazy! I like the iPhone model with one device per year (now they have settled in to a more two-year 3-->3GS and 4-->4GS upgrade path). The 4S is a great iPhone, but the only thing you might want to do if you can wait until next year (summertime probably) is see what the next redesign of the iPhone is going to be and then jump in at that point.

evoKY

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I loved my HTC EVO and I was torn between getting the 4S or the Epic Touch. Honestly the tipping point was bloat ware and Carrier IQ that Sprint keeps loading on Android. I shouldn't have to root my phone just to make it perform better.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
If you want customization and faster data speed,I would go for an Android phone,if you a stable,easy to use phone I would get the 4s

+1 right on.
Im the resident phone guy at work, and I try to tell that to people at work, but the reps at the stores say that the only phone to buy is android, and then they have all sorts of problems with their phones and I have to fix them. Fml. Lol if don't want to mess with a phone, and just want it to work, iPhone is really the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
"Can't commit"??? Geez, it's just a cell phone not matrimony. You might try stepping back from all the hype, look at the stats, read the reviews on all sides being considered and then simply buy what works best for you. I could have easily bought an Android and been happy with it. Each format has its pluses and minuses and all you have to do is figure out which one will work best for you..
.:confused:

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2