MMS Not Working

alydee22

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
My MMS messaging worked for the first couple of days that I had the 4S (2 weeks ago) but now it won't let me send or recieve picture messages. Sometimes the MMS would be sent at a much later time (example: a friend recieved it at 5am when I sent at 7pm the day before), sometimes when I would restart my phone, then I would recieve an MMS message... both very inconvient. I've discussed with my carrier (Rogers) and they did a number of "tests" on their end to figure out what could be causing it. They suggested to restore the phone to the factory settings to test it out and if it worked, I could restore my phone from my backup. I restored from orignal, and MMS worked, but once I restored from back up, it stopped working again. I'm content with restoring from factory but then I lose everything I have saved. Any ideas?

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
After you restore from backup, maybe try reseting just the network settings? Maybe that's the part of your backup that's causing problems.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately backups can hold corrupted data and thats probably whats causing your problem.. your going to have to set it up as a new phone

alydee22

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I figured. I'm most concerned with tranfering my pictures & videos. Is there a way to transfer them back onto my photostream once I do the restore?

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I figured. I'm most concerned with tranfering my pictures & videos. Is there a way to transfer them back onto my photostream once I do the restore?

You can copy your photos to your computer, and then when you sync you phone, include them into you sync. I do that, so I have have everything in folders on my phone.

alydee22

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I haven't set up iCloud yet but I could give that a try. I tried syncing my photos but my videos don't transfer with them (I'd like them both in my photostream as they are now). I don't think I'm asking for too much lol.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711