Does/Can Anyone Make It on 200MB Data Package from AT&T?

decarlo4

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I have an unlimited data plan but before I got my iPhone 4s I didn't stream music from pandora or use youtube except when connected to wifi and I never went over 200mb of data...I would occasionally browse the internet and use email. Now that I use pandora in my car I'm still under 2GB. I would say that if you don't stream music on 3G and moderately use the phone than yes 200mb will work for you. I hope that was helpful

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I probably could go on the 250MB plan. I stick with 2GB for safety measures. I literally am on wifi 90% of the time throughout my day.

Gixxer07

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
My gf does it and 2 of my friends do. Mostly use wifi. Gf usually has to shut off her cellular data so that she doesn't go over though, about 10before the reset

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Why anyone would have a phone like the iPhone or Android based phone or even a blackberry and have no need for anything outside 200MB of data usage is beyond me...the features that eat up data are kind of the point of this new era of smart phone.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I am on a WiFi connection most of the time with my 4S. So far I have used over 280MB and Still have at least 15 more days in this billing cycle.

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
I don?t know if I would even want an iPhone if all I could do was use 200MB of data a month. Unless I was in Wifi 90% of the time 200MB of data would kinda make having a Smartphone useless. By the time you check 1 email, or look at the weather, or update a couple of times on Twitter, Facebook, etc.... you'd be maxed out (exaggeration), but still I'd be nervous to do anything without worrying about going over my cap.

elavum

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I don?t know if I would even want an iPhone if all I could do was use 200MB of data a month. Unless I was in Wifi 90% of the time 200MB of data would kinda make having a Smartphone useless. By the time you check 1 email, or look at the weather, or update a couple of times on Twitter, Facebook, etc.... you'd be maxed out (exaggeration), but still I'd be nervous to do anything without worrying about going over my cap.

I agree with you on that as you need to be on constant look out for wifi connection. My office WIFI once in a while kicks me out and it would be late before I relalize that it happened. I am on 'grandfathered' unlimited plan. I was trying to monitor my usage to save my money ,, but realized that I wuld rather have the peace of mind with unlimited data

nycfly

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
i have been on wifi 90% of the time this first month with my iphone and only used 105mb of data so far with a week left to my billing cycle, but thankfully i am grandfathered into my unlimited data plan. i don't plan on having wifi all the time in the future and i can't believe how much data i even used when on constant wifi compared to my blackberry.

if you have it, keep unlimited. or definitely go with the 2gb

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
if you have wifi at home/work etc... where you will use the phone most... then i think you might get away with it.

i would try the 2GB for a month... then drop back if you can

Priyal27

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
if you're not going to use the iphone to its full potential then the 200 mb would be good. Power users definitely need the 2gb data plan.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner