Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Does/Can Anyone Make It on 200MB Data Package from AT&T?

The title says it all. Does/Can Anyone Make It On 200MB Data Plan from AT&T?
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    690 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Judson50 View Post
    The title says it all. Does/Can Anyone Make It On 200MB Data Plan from AT&T?
    nope.i have 2 gb plan.after 9 days of usage 400mb consumed.btw i have wifi at home and at work.
    ame
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,467 Global Posts

My husband and parents all do and none use wifi.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

Idt you should even consider getting a 200mb plan for an iPhone. Pretty much defeats the purpose of a smartphone. Just my thoughts lol
    ame
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,467 Global Posts

Start with thE 2gb plan and watch it for a couple months then adjust up or down
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    338 Global Posts

I have an unlimited data plan but before I got my iPhone 4s I didn't stream music from pandora or use youtube except when connected to wifi and I never went over 200mb of data...I would occasionally browse the internet and use email. Now that I use pandora in my car I'm still under 2GB. I would say that if you don't stream music on 3G and moderately use the phone than yes 200mb will work for you. I hope that was helpful
    iPhone Pro

iOS Version

I probably could go on the 250MB plan. I stick with 2GB for safety measures. I literally am on wifi 90% of the time throughout my day.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    3,640 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    10B329

How could anyone survive on 200 megs is beyond me.
    blah blah blah witty signature blah blah blah
    iPhone Intermediate

iOS Version

My gf does it and 2 of my friends do. Mostly use wifi. Gf usually has to shut off her cellular data so that she doesn't go over though, about 10before the reset
    iPhone Pro

Global Posts
    567 Global Posts
    iOS Version

200 MB isn't enough for me.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    9,505 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Why anyone would have a phone like the iPhone or Android based phone or even a blackberry and have no need for anything outside 200MB of data usage is beyond me...the features that eat up data are kind of the point of this new era of smart phone.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,455 Global Posts

I am on a WiFi connection most of the time with my 4S. So far I have used over 280MB and Still have at least 15 more days in this billing cycle.
    iPhone Intermediate

I'm on Telus in Ontario and have used over 300 MB in a week :S. I have a 1G cap, but I'm now worried.
    Laura Elizebeth Harris on the iBooks Store
    ~Laura~
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    438 Global Posts

I donít know if I would even want an iPhone if all I could do was use 200MB of data a month. Unless I was in Wifi 90% of the time 200MB of data would kinda make having a Smartphone useless. By the time you check 1 email, or look at the weather, or update a couple of times on Twitter, Facebook, etc.... you'd be maxed out (exaggeration), but still I'd be nervous to do anything without worrying about going over my cap.
    Sports Dad

iPhone 5 32GB At&t
    iPad2 white 16GB
    Macbook Pro
    Apple TV 2nd generation
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    433 Global Posts

I don't use a whole lot of extras and I'm already at 150MB after 5-6 days
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    IOS5

Quote Originally Posted by E Pow View Post
    I donít know if I would even want an iPhone if all I could do was use 200MB of data a month. Unless I was in Wifi 90% of the time 200MB of data would kinda make having a Smartphone useless. By the time you check 1 email, or look at the weather, or update a couple of times on Twitter, Facebook, etc.... you'd be maxed out (exaggeration), but still I'd be nervous to do anything without worrying about going over my cap.
    I agree with you on that as you need to be on constant look out for wifi connection. My office WIFI once in a while kicks me out and it would be late before I relalize that it happened. I am on 'grandfathered' unlimited plan. I was trying to monitor my usage to save my money ,, but realized that I wuld rather have the peace of mind with unlimited data
    iPhone Beginner

i have been on wifi 90% of the time this first month with my iphone and only used 105mb of data so far with a week left to my billing cycle, but thankfully i am grandfathered into my unlimited data plan. i don't plan on having wifi all the time in the future and i can't believe how much data i even used when on constant wifi compared to my blackberry.

if you have it, keep unlimited. or definitely go with the 2gb
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    2,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS5

if you have wifi at home/work etc... where you will use the phone most... then i think you might get away with it.

i would try the 2GB for a month... then drop back if you can
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version
    iOS5

180mb since October 14th, and I'm on wifi at work and at home.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    iOS Version

if you're not going to use the iphone to its full potential then the 200 mb would be good. Power users definitely need the 2gb data plan.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    870 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS6

My Wife and all three of my teenagers survive off of 200MB each per month. They're around WiFi most of the day and kids have learned what to use and when. They use their iPhones as much a sthey want. I do have certain things cut off that they don't use but again they don't complain.

I have Unlimited but I am always on the road.
    JB iPhone 3G => 16G iPhone 4 iOS5, 16G iPad1 iOS5 => iP5 32Gig White, iPad4 32Gig Black

Also up and running on Twitter @AUDad

Also on Google+ if you are on there.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I would not make it on a 200MB data plan! I'm glad I still have my unlimited plan from my blackberry!
    iPhone Intermediate

iOS Version

I'm around wifi most of the time. I have the unlimited data plan luckily, not willing to let it go. I would be able to survive on the 200mb plan more than likely, but I don't want to even try. One of the biggest uses for my iPhone to me is the map app. It's nice having directions in your pocket like that. I don't want to have the feeling of not being able to use that any time I want or as much as I want.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

I have a 6GB plan and generally I use between 350-600MB depending on how much tethering I do with my iPad but I am constantly on wifi I think I could get by with 200 but I would be paranoid and constantly worrying about it I got the 6GB for the same price as my old 500 MB plan so I figured why not and for my usage its pretty much unlimited no worrying about overages for this guy!
    I use the products that work the best for what I do.

Apple has covered phone, computer and tablet.
    GM has covered everything automotive related.

16GB iPhone 4S
    16GB iPad Mini
    16GB iPad 2
    Macbook PRO 13 i7 2.8 8GB Ram
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts

Wow, my daughter always cuts it close on 200, my wife usually uses around 500-700mb and me, i am on the 4gb Data Pro and usually use about 2.5-3 gb's
    Space Grey 64gb iPhone 5s
    Ipad Air White 32gb Wifi+LTE
    Macbook pro 15" (2010)
    Apple TV2

Also in our house:

White 32gb iPhone 5
    White 16gb iPhone 4s
    iPad Mini 32gb Wifi+LTE
    iPad Mini 16gb Wifi
    Macbook Pro 13"
    Apple TV2(2010)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast