Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Default Life proof problems

I have this case for my 4s and I have a issue with the front cover affecting the auto brightness and the general use adapter that allows you to plug the headphones in is not working properly either. When I use the adapter and watch netflix, the voices in the movie will come and go if I move the cable for the headphone and when I use it plugged into my vehicle, I get a excessive amount amount of static and the sound comes and goes when I move the wire around also. (seems to be a problem with the wires) It goes away if I don't use the adapter. Pissed off now!!!

They have a message posted on there website they will replace the front covers for free to who ever purchased one after 10-4-2011 I think. I bought mine from there website on the 14th. Edit: they posted at the time I bought the case on there website that this case was for the 4S. Now they say there are issues.

I have been emailing them with no response, and they are not answering there phones either.

Buyers beware!!!

I will post any updates if they even get back with me.

I'm thinking about opening a case with PayPal which I used to pay them. never done this before so I don't have any idea what this will do.

Again, I bought this from them on there website.

Anybody else have this case and having the same issues I am? Any ideas?
    Last edited by Hagan#1; 11-01-2011 at 09:26 PM.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    690 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hagan#1 View Post
    I have this case for my 4s and I have a issue with the front cover affecting the auto brightness and the general use adapter that allows you to plug the headphones in is not working properly either. When I use the adapter and watch netflix, the voices in the movie will come and go if I move the cable for the headphone and when I use it plugged into my vehicle, I get a excessive amount amount of static and the sound comes and goes when I move the wire around also. (seems to be a problem with the wires) It goes away if I don't use the adapter. Pissed off now!!!

They have a message posted on there website they will replace the front covers for free to who ever purchased one after 10-4-2011 I think. I bought mine from there website on the 14th. Edit: they posted at the time I bought the case on there website that this case was for the 4S. Now they say there are issues.

I have been emailing them with no response, and they are not answering there phones either.

Buyers beware!!!

I will post any updates if they even get back with me.

I'm thinking about opening a case with PayPal which I used to pay them. never done this before so I don't have any idea what this will do.

Again, I bought this from them on there website.

Anybody else have this case and having the same issues I am? Any ideas?
    thank you.i dont really like the lifeproof case.check this out also.made in usa cases.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    639 Global Posts

I have the same issue. It feels like it was a rush for the 4S case and now they are saying "oh, sorry there are issues" fill this out and we will send you a new front "when we get inventory".

I love the case but the suggestion of turning the brightness up is ok, but if I'm out (which is why I bought this case) I want to do everything I can to save the battery (especially for the price of the case).

I may just return mine as I haven't heard back from Lifeproof yet on my email to them.

Global Posts
    2,627 Global Posts
    iOS Version

So I have the 4 and love my lifeproof case. I thought that the case was compatible with the new 4S. Is this not the case? Sorry no pun intended.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    639 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phreddyl View Post
    So I have the 4 and love my lifeproof case. I thought that the case was compatible with the new 4S. Is this not the case? Sorry no pun intended.
    It fits but with mine it covers the light sensor so that doesn't work. Not sure about the 4 I only have a 4S. I would think its the same.
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    iPhone Newbie

Apparently they are slightly different as far as the placement of the sensor. I'm going on day 4 with no response from them.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I have the Lifeproof on my 4s. I have had sporadic issues with sound quality - some phone calls sound fine, others I can barely hear anything. There is something in the area of the sensor/camera/speaker that has the case slightly and it annoys the heck out of me, but so far the sound is the only thing I've had issues with.

Last night I was texting my mom while my son was in the tub (finding out great-grandma's favorite color so he could draw her a card )and he wanted to know what the messages said. I was carefully holding the phone up for him until I remembered the case I had. I chunked the phone in the tub and said, "Here, go ahead and read it!" The look on his face was priceless, and after that, he was immediately fascinated with my phone all over again (he's 6).

So far, I love the case, but I'm worried about using it as my waterproof camera when I have nothing to anchor it to me. Going swimming with the stingrays in Grand Cayman next month and this thing will definitely slip out of my hands if I can't figure out a way to make a neck or wrist strap for it!
    Verizon iPhone 4S white 32gb
    Verizon iPad black 64gb + 4g
    16gb white WiFi iPad 2
    iPhone Beginner

I have the case with the iPhone 4S, in my case is black. Supposedly, I'm supposed to have issues with the light sensor. I don't have any issues, as a matter fact I even turned down the brightness a little because it's too bright. The only thing that I have issues with is the loudness of the speaker when I'm on the phone call. I'm talking about the regular speakers that's on your ear not the speaker phone. But all I did was turn up the volume 2 clicks and everything is fine now.
    iPhone Beginner

By the way, if you look on their Facebook page you'll see that a lot of people are having issues hearing back from them. According to some of the Facebook comments, are they eventually hear from them they just take off a long time.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Manzanas View Post
    By the way, if you look on their Facebook page you'll see that a lot of people are having issues hearing back from them. According to some of the Facebook comments, are they eventually hear from them they just take off a long time.
    I was going to mention you will probably get a faster reply if you throw the issue out there for the whole world to see on Facebook. Seems like they are fairly active on their page.

On another note, great thread, i just ordered the white gen 2 for my white 4S, should be here tomorrow so I'm hoping i don't have any of these issues!
    Space Grey 64gb iPhone 5s
    Ipad Air White 32gb Wifi+LTE
    Macbook pro 15" (2010)
    Apple TV2

Also in our house:

White 32gb iPhone 5
    White 16gb iPhone 4s
    iPad Mini 32gb Wifi+LTE
    iPad Mini 16gb Wifi
    Macbook Pro 13"
    Apple TV2(2010)
  11. Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  
    iPhone Newbie

I received a email finally today with a link to go about getting a replacement cover for my phone. But no info at all about the issue I'm having with the adapter.
    iPhone Nanite

Default likewise

I found I couldnt dock the iPhone because of that little trap door on the bottom and I wanted to return the cases. Three emails and NO RESPONSE. Caveat Emptor indeed!!!

Global Posts
    2,627 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by bezoar1340 View Post
    I found I couldn’t dock the iPhone because of that little trap door on the bottom and I wanted to return the cases. Three emails and NO RESPONSE. Caveat Emptor indeed!!!
    Dude they tell you right on their website that if you use a dock you need a dock extender and sell it on their site. Its the radtech dock extender. I got it on amazon cause I had a gift card.