PSA: iPhone 4 back cover is not compatible with iPhone 4S

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So i ordered an iPhone 4 back cover (transparent one) back in August...it was like $10 with a screwdriver so i wasn't too worried about the tiny investment if it looked like crap. Well, unknown to me was the fact that it was on back order for like a month, and having completely forgotten about it, i was surprised to find it in my mailbox yesterday with a letter apologizing for the delay.

I was pretty excited, since i assumed the back cover would easily go on the 4S, since it seems most of the other things available for the iPhone 4 will work on the 4S. Unfortunately, this is not the case...the clips on the back cover do not line up at all, and it will not mount properly, making it useless for the 4S.

I tried emailing the company but they are somewhere in China and probably don't care, so i just wanted to put a public service announcement out there...if you order a replacement back cover for your iPhone 4S...make sure it is for the 4S, and not for the iPhone 4, as the two are not compatible with each other.

homer-simpson-doh.gif

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
And then i just saw this thread...lol...sorry for the sort of "repost".

http://forums.tipb.com/iphone-4s-forum/222897-back-cover-replacement.html

So did you order a Verizon IP4 case for your AT&T 4S or was it just a IP4 case (ie, no designated wither verizon or AT&T)?

Some say that like-carrier covers (ATT to ATT) between the IP4 and 4S do fit, but you cannot cross-carrer fit them (Verizon to ATT)... I dunno.. will just have to follow the other thread to see what the outcome is.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So did you order a Verizon IP4 case for your AT&T 4S or was it just a IP4 case (ie, no designated wither verizon or AT&T)?

Some say that like-carrier covers (ATT to ATT) between the IP4 and 4S do fit, but you cannot cross-carrer fit them (Verizon to ATT)... I dunno.. will just have to follow the other thread to see what the outcome is.

It was an AT&T iPhone 4 cover...it was ordered before anyone knew anything about the 4S and still thought it was going to be a complete redesign, and it does fit the iPhone 4 for AT&T (as i gave it to my buddy at work who just bought an iPhone 4 for AT&T).

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
It was an AT&T iPhone 4 cover...it was ordered before anyone knew anything about the 4S and still thought it was going to be a complete redesign, and it does fit the iPhone 4 for AT&T (as i gave it to my buddy at work who just bought an iPhone 4 for AT&T).

Thanks for the information...