Default silent mode when plugged in?

IndoX

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to the iPhone community, and I have a question. Does the iPhone automatically go into silent mode when on the charger? Whenever my phone is charging and I want to listen to music, I cant. For some reason it's always silent. Same goes for email and text alerts. They're all silent. Only Thing that works is ringer and alarms.

wunhangios

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Are you using a 3rd party charging dock / setup? The connector might be fitted wrong by the manufacturer and make the phone think that it should be outputting the music through the connector instead of the headphones.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't sound right. Check you settings to make sure it isn't on silent. also like wunhangios said do you have a 3rd party dock or something. If it still happens, and neither of those is your culprit, it may be a bad phone, it does happen. Good thing about Apple is, they will swap it out on the spot for you.

IndoX

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I realized it was the charging dock. I'm using an apple charging dock I got a few years ago with my 4th generation ipod. When on the dock the phone goes completely silent with the exception of phone calls and alarms. When connected regularly everything works fine.

Good thing about the dock though, I'll only use it to charge it when going to sleep so it's a nice little feature and/or glitch to have.

Zack Whiting

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: Default silent mode

look at the chord connection and give it a little clean on the chord connection, like just rub it with your t-shirt i just did it then and it worked for me

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2