Getting the screen to dim when not in use?

InTheRed

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering how to set the phone so the screen dims, but does not turn off, when you stop using the phone. I have seen other peoples' phones do this, but they don't know how to set it up. They only tell me that it always does this. Right now I have the factory settings on the phone as far as "brightness" and "auto dim" is checked off. I am at 50% on the brightness. I want the screen to dim if I don't touch it for like 15 seconds or so and not go to the lock screen where you need to put in the password for 5 minutes (which I have successfully set right now). Can anyone help? Thanks.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
just out of curiosity...have you looked at your owners manual? I think you have to set it to auto-dim = yes...??

InTheRed

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't know why I said auto dim is checked off. I cannot find the auto dim switch. I meant to say auto brightness is checked on.

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't think you can set the length of time before the screen dims. You go to Settings > General > Auto-Lock to set the time before the screen shuts off. I currently have Auto-Lock set for 2 min. and my screen dims ~15 sec. before going dark.

I leave Auto-Brightness off. I prefer to set my own brightness levels.