Why does my iPhone 4S vibrate, but doesn't ring?

idiot7

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: Iphone 4s Vibrates, but doesn't ring

I hope you haven't given up and gone away..like most 'computer' devices, they will usually work properly if turned off and on again. A company in the uk has made a fortune based on this simple but effective knowledge....I had the same issue...hence my search and I can confirm that my iphone 4 now works...my girlfriend was very upset when I missed her call from the station to pick her up...luckily I have another phone...the 4s which until recently was quite frankly a piece of crap...I re-installed the latest system and it now works...but great...the maps has gone...do I need to start a new thread for that?...luckily my trusty iphone4 still has street view and google maps!....yipeee...

crt88

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site

I was having problems with this as well. I read your response and problem solved!! Thank you!!

Pattie Miller1

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site

Thanks so much! I tried all the obvious (volume, ringer, etc.) but forgot all about the button on the side.

wrmoore47

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site

I have this problem randomly on my 4S (iOS 6.latest) and I never use Bluetooth. Just this morning, my wife called and there was no ring (the phone was in my shirt pocket) and no vibrate. Then the phone went "ding" to alert me to my wife's voicemail. So some sounds were working. I checked all the usual possibilities, and everything was setup correctly. Very thing else on the phone seems fine and 4bars on AT&T 4G.

Edwin Nacionales

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site

I finally solved the ringing problem of my iphone 4s by turning off and on the switch found in the upper left side of the unit. Thanks for all the info.

nerbe

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site

My 4S does the same thing and I can't blame it on Siri, Bluetooth, etc. Frustrating as hell. My solution might be the new OS or a new phone:mad:

Nicole Cook1

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site

I had the same problem where if i was using the phone it would go off but if it the screen went "to sleep" It wouldnt go off BUT I
FINALLY found how to fix it!
I hope its not too late and some of you can check and maybe fix it..
If you have a half moon on the top by your battery then I can fix it for you :)
Go to
Settings> Do Not Disturb>
and clock the first one Manual it shuts off calls and alerts when your sceen is sleeping!
I literally just got this phone 5 hours ago and was so annoyed that it wouldn't work so i was messing around with it for so long and for some reason went into the do not disturbe didnt even think it would fix anything but do that and its back to normal!!!

Miki Koehler

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

Mine does the same thing...Wouldn't ring just vibrates. I turned it off and back on and it still does the same. Was ringing fine until the upgrade

Barbosajr

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site

In my case, the "Do not disturb" function was on. You will notice if yours is on if there is a half moon on the top of your screen. I had to disable that. Then, I had to turn the phone off and on again. Only then it starts ringing again. It took me a long time to find that out. This what happens when I let my 4 years old play some games in my iPhone. Hope you already sorted that out.

lilprincessperl

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site

OMG! I've been so mad at missing all these calls and wondered what was going on - it never occured to me to check that half moon (I'm blonde so I assumed the phone had some way of knowing of recognizing waning moon or whatever ;) ) That's a charm solution - thank you! I never tirned that on, so it must have come with an update - darn apple grrr

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site

OMG! I've been so mad at missing all these calls and wondered what was going on - it never occured to me to check that half moon (I'm blonde so I assumed the phone had some way of knowing of recognizing waning moon or whatever ;) ) That's a charm solution - thank you! I never tirned that on, so it must have come with an update - darn apple grrr

Lol, welcome to IMore.

David Bird

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site

I ve had the phone since since 01/18/2015 and and somehow the mute switch has self activated leaving me with missed calls.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh