Screen Bulging?

chris3896

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
So I don't know what it is but all of a sudden I feel like my screen is "bulging". This is weird and it is very subtle. It kind of feels like a battery that has bulged. Hopefully it's not my battery or something that is bulging and pushing up on the screen. I know the common response is to take it to an apple store and what not but just wanted to know if anyone else had encountered this.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
That's pretty odd, considering the screen itself isn't really flexible (while mounted to the phone), so to "bulge" would be a pretty interesting marvel...what were you judging this on? Do you see a different shape looking at it at an angle or something?

chris3896

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Visually I don't see a lot but when it comes to swiping or typing it's almost like there's a weird new resistance and it feels different. I guess I'll just have to wait and see if it gets worse.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Well if it's bulging, something has to be wrong. I wonder if you can post a picture of what you're talking about. LIke a side shot of the phone. Worse case, make an appointment with apple.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I would make an appointment with apple right away and not waste anytime... the only thing in the phone to make the screen bulge would be the battery...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't wait honestly, i'd just take it in, try to show them what you mean and get a new one...you could end up like one of those stories where the iPhone explodes and blows some digits off, lol...

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
So I don't know what it is but all of a sudden I feel like my screen is "bulging". This is weird and it is very subtle. It kind of feels like a battery that has bulged. Hopefully it's not my battery or something that is bulging and pushing up on the screen. I know the common response is to take it to an apple store and what not but just wanted to know if anyone else had encountered this.

You probably over charged it. :p

but in all seriousness, make an appt at apple, and they will test it out, and let you know if it is infact Bulging, or not. Hope it all works out for you.

chris3896

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone. How much do you think I could sue for if it does explode haha. It's weird because visually you can't really tell the difference but I have spent a lot of time on my phone since I've had it and send a lot of messages it it just all of a sudden felt different. And the best way to describe it is that it is bulging in the slightest way. I'm just worried that the apple store won't have anymore and try to give me a refurbished one.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everyone. How much do you think I could sue for if it does explode haha. It's weird because visually you can't really tell the difference but I have spent a lot of time on my phone since I've had it and send a lot of messages it it just all of a sudden felt different. And the best way to describe it is that it is bulging in the slightest way. I'm just worried that the apple store won't have anymore and try to give me a refurbished one.

there is no refurbished ones available there going to give you one in a black box with only the phone but it will be brand new it takes time to get refurbished ones back and there not going to be there yet

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

No way there are refurbished ones this early. It will be a new one in a warranty replacement packaging.