Iphone 4s battery life fix

gthugballin

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Apparently its the setting time zone option in notifications thats causing the problem. Instead of just ticking periodically its constantly ticks which causes the battery to drain.

idownloadblog says "We have tested this method on 4 different iPhone 4s handsets, including an iPhone 4 and an iPhone 3GS. All have reported drastically improved battery life after switching ?Setting Time Zone? off."

turn your ?Setting Time Zone? switch to OFF in the Settings > Location Services > System Services (at the bottom of the page).

I just did this i don't know my results yet.. but i will update when i do have some :).. hopefully this is it.

Source::
Apple, iPhone and iPad News | ModMyi - Setting Time Zone Feature Claimed To Be Culprit For iPhone 4S Battery Draining Issues

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
My shows it hadn't been used in over 24 hours so don't think that is the root cause although it might help

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
I have all services in that menu off (for the last week) and have definitely noticed an improvement in battery life. I still don't think it's as good as my 4 that my wife is now using.

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
Everything works as normal (traffic in maps, cell tower switching, etc.). I THINK these settings send info back to Apple. But I haven't noticed anything not working since switching them off.

auntiewiv

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
It has definitely helped my battery life. I had found this switch a few weeks ago after noticing excessive entries in the event logs on my iPhone 4 and now my 4S. The entries appear every five minutes or so. I also turned of iAd location adverts.

Although this has helped battery life I was not having the excessive battery drain some users are reporting. Every little helps though.

5601df91-4dae-9dc5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

DreamOutLoud65

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
this isnt the fix but probably part of the problem. Being that this came from an article in The Guardian (uk based news media) I can see this helping folks out there some.

For those in the US I believe this feature defaults to being off. I went to check mine and it was already off. I am not having huge battery drains except at work. I am getting 12 hrs on one single charge.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
this isnt the fix but probably part of the problem. Being that this came from an article in The Guardian (uk based news media) I can see this helping folks out there some.

For those in the US I believe this feature defaults to being off. I went to check mine and it was already off. I am not having huge battery drains except at work. I am getting 12 hrs on one single charge.

MIne is a at&t iphone 4s and the feature was on.

jtrevill

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
I just posted this in the sticked post regarding battery usage on the 4s:

I did a couple of tests over the past few days of having TERRIBLE battery life. Ultimately, the only thing that made drastic improvements was turning off the "Stock Widget" and "Weather Widget" in notification center.

I've seen a 2x improvement in battery with this change. Today - I've had the phone at work being used all day since 8:00 am. It is now 4:30 pm and I still have 62% remaining. This is the same or slightly better than my iPhone 4.

I suspect the weather and stocks are constantly updating - and the weather is constantly using location services to find its location as well.

edwardreed037

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Is there an update comming to improve the battery life of 4S? The phone barely last the entire day, which is a huge step back compare to previous model. It is faster in terms of apps and but I would like to see at least same battery duration as the old one?

ketz

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
It is faster in terms of apps and but I would like to see at least same battery duration as the old one?

My Dad has an iPhone 4s and I have a iPhone 4. We both played on apps at the same time and neither of us noticed a difference, also he got told when he brought the phone (which is the reason he brought it) that there is a big improvement on Internet browsing. We tested it, there wasn't.
I don't know if this is just coincidence that what we tested the phones on was the same speed but I see no difference (other than Siri) with the iPhone 4S other than the bad battery life.

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm reluctant to turn off the Time Zone location search. With the time changing next week, I really want the iPhone to be able to detect what time it is properly. I've heard stories that every six months when Day Light Savings time begins/ends the iPhone time is messed up.

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm reluctant to turn off the Time Zone location search. With the time changing next week, I really want the iPhone to be able to detect what time it is properly. I've heard stories that every six months when Day Light Savings time begins/ends the iPhone time is messed up.

im new to iphone. only have used blackberrys. but i believe this feature picks up current time at a the current time zone that you are in. so if you dont plan on leaving ur current time zone you shouldnt worry about it. from what i know the time on ur iphone will automatically change by the network that its connected to... (att verizon sprint) please correct me if im wrong...

Reactions: leharris22

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
im new to iphone. only have used blackberrys. but i believe this feature picks up current time at a the current time zone that you are in. so if you dont plan on leaving ur current time zone you shouldnt worry about it. from what i know the time on ur iphone will automatically change by the network that its connected to... (att verizon sprint) please correct me if im wrong...

Thank you for the clarification.

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I said this elsewhere, but I found my battery life drastically improve by turning off push mail. I've turned off location services for social networks, turned off the stock ticker, and turned off usage and diagnostics, but when I turned off push mail, the battery life became much better.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711