Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Default iPhone 4s makes noises but doesn't show anything!!!

I have the 16gb black AT&T iPhone 4s and lately it's been making the tri-tone noise at random but shows nothing. That specific noise is only associated with the receipt of voice mails, but there are none when it makes the noise. I went into the reminder part to make sure it wasn't set and I verified that I want the phone to only make a noise once when it receives something (messages, tweets, etc). Anybody else having this problem?
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    1,665 Global Posts
    iOS Version

That's just Siri messin with ya. LOL.
    iPhone Experts

Global Posts
    906 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Just a stab in the dark, but I've noticed that since ios 5 and/or the last update that Facebook shares the tri-tone. Do you by any chance have it installed?
    iMore Expert

Same thing happened to me a few days ago, i'm using ios 5 in an iPhone 4
    iPhone Intermediate

iOS Version

in notifications you have the option to make the sound but not show any message.... so go to notifications and see what you have selected to not pop up... i guarantee you it has "don't show anything" selected.
    iPhone Intermediate

iOS Version

Yeah, this has happened on mine and it seems go be Foursquare related. I set it not to have any pop up notifications, but when I check the Notification Center, it shows an alert.