Siri Vs The Law!

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
In California, we have no talking/texting while driving.. but you can still use your phone "hands free" as in with a bluetooth or even just holding the phone and using the speakerphone. Seems silly that you can use the phone on speakerphone, but the minute you put it up to your ear, now your violating the law? Ha.. only in California :eek:

I lived in california for about a year and I remember having to buy a bluetooth because of this law.. and as I remember it you have to be a certain age or have a certain amount of experience to even use a bluetooth (new drivers cant)

here in wisconsin we dont need hands free

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I lived in california for about a year and I remember having to buy a bluetooth because of this law.. and as I remember it you have to be a certain age or have a certain amount of experience to even use a bluetooth (new drivers cant)

here in wisconsin we dont need hands free

Yeah, California is that way.. Always looking out for ways to impose rules for our protection because I guess we're just too stupid to protect ourselves.. Like the recent passage of the mandatory Carbon Monoxide meters that are now required in ALL homes.. :rolleyes: Dont get me started on other "california regulations" that were imposed to protect ourselves from our stupid behaviors..

saynt j

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
NY has had a hands free law for a few years now. Recently they included any type of input or interaction with an electronic device (gps, ereader, phone) into the law. And people are oblivious. They still swerve around whilst using their revolutionary new devices, and continue talking to whomever while they stand outside of their car explaining what they just hit.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm guilty of it too. I'll talk on the phone while driving. But checking texts is reserved for red lights.

Lenerdosy

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
NY has had a hands free law for a few years now. Recently they included any type of input or interaction with an electronic device (gps, ereader, phone) into the law. And people are oblivious. They still swerve around whilst using their revolutionary new devices, and continue talking to whomever while they stand outside of their car explaining what they just hit.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm guilty of it too. I'll talk on the phone while driving. But checking texts is reserved for red lights.

I'm the same here in Canada. I will only look at phone at red lights or of I'm on a highway I will use Siri to read it out loud.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner