Siri vs. Iris VIDEO REVIEW - Did they really think 8 hours was enough???

efoss348

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Apple truly KIDNAPPED me from the Apple community! I used to bash them so harshly, and yet, I find that now, like Paul the Apostle who used to persecute and kill followers of Christ, I am singing a new tune now that I have found a product to have faith in! I mean, really, as a business man, Siri is everything I could get from a personal assistant, EXCEPT, she does not cost me $2,000.00 a month! So, she is in every way I could currently imagine, a VERY BIG REASON to switch to the iPhone 4S! I had a Galaxy S 2 on Sprint! This flagship phone is a killer! An iPhone Killer! (supposedly) All the specs in the world, beautiful, glossy, intelligent, you could wake up in the morning, and say "Hi Galaxy!" and it would wake up, ready for you to command it with your voice; but something was missing! It lacked personality. It liked humanism. It lacked a personal approach that makes Apple's products so attractive. Don't get me wrong, Vlingo is a solid app, but Siri just takes the cake in such a logical and sophisticated way! I'm here to tell you, I ditched the tablet, bout an iPad 2. Ditched the Galaxy S 2, bought a 4S! I really wish Apple would hire me to be their marketing director! I am a huge fan now, and would absolutely love selling their products to mass audiences! I just love the mobile phone market and I love how well Apple takes care of their products, and ESPECIALLY the benefits that the consumer get's from owning an Apple - but let's get back to the issue at hand!

Enjoy this video review below. I tried to ask Siri some random questions and then the same to Iris. Them Android boys( or most likely girls :p ) should have put more effort into Iris! Judge for yourself below!

I dont have enough rank yet to post the link, but just remove the space between youtube and .com and then copy it to your browser! It is well worth it! If someone with some rank could post it in a comment, that would be much appreciated!

youtube .com/watch?v=67B1A5jGUhA

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
That's an interesting video. I personally think Siri is amazing. Everyone seems to be looking for an alternative on non iPhone 4S devices but nothing I have seen has come close.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Nothing comes close to Siri! Nothing! And she's a Beta! Apple does things the right way! They just get me! They complete me! LOL! Actually they don't complete me. That was a joke. But when it comes to electronics they do get it! They get consumers. They know what's totally useless. They know what works.

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I think the implication is that if they could get Iris to this level in 8 hrs., it's going to be easy to surpass Siri's capabilities in a few weeks. Bad assumption.

Google has had voice activated functionality for over a year. Android has ~90% the functionality of Siri. That last 10% is going to be very difficult to attain.

The same applies to Android. It got to ~90% (even surpassing iOS capabilities in a few instances), but can't seem to finish up the final 10%. The number seems small, but you're talking about basic things like touchscreen lags/stutters, slow OS upgradability, performance degradation over time, etc. All those things that seem simple, but hugely affect the user experience.

This is why Google's Matias Duarte recently said:
"With Android, people were not responding emotionally, they weren?t forming emotional relationships with the product. They needed it, but they didn?t necessarily love it.?

Apple doesn't always get completely to 100%, but more often than not they get very close. It's why so many people love their iPhones, iPods, iPads & Macs. It's why Apple banks ~$2B each month while other smartphone makers are having a hard time staying profitable.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox