Need Help Unlocking Iphone 4S Verizon

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Verizon I think has to had the programming to your account like a international plan .. Call and ask let us know :)

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
From what I heard, you call Vzn and they can order a unlock from Apple. You need to say your leaving the country. But to complete the unlock, you will need a international SIM. This was they process that I know somebody went through but they dont have the international SIM to see if that really completes it.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Typically in the past verizon requires you to be on there network for a certain amount of time before they will unlock your phone..

whispa777

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
You just have to be a customer w/ good standing for 60 days or 90 days I forgot (I've been w/ them for years), and cannot unlock more than 1 device within 10 month

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
You just have to be a customer w/ good standing for 60 days or 90 days I forgot (I've been w/ them for years), and cannot unlock more than 1 device within 10 month

So can I just call and say I want my phone unlocked ? I've been with them years also and everything is in good standing. Once they do it how do I know it's unlocked is there something I have to do on my end ?

whispa777

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
So can I just call and say I want my phone unlocked ? I've been with them years also and everything is in good standing. Once they do it how do I know it's unlocked is there something I have to do on my end ?

Yes, you have to call and get their Global support department or something like that. And then they'll add your 4S into their registry of unlocked iphones and I'm not sure if that's also synced up w/ Apple at some point as well.

Anyways, after that, you have to have an International SIM card to complete the process.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site

you have to plug it into itunes and itunes will give you an unlocked indicator telling you your phone is unlocked..

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Ya I read a 6 page thread an u call and they unlock u .. U need a international sim pop it in and then activate using iTunes or wifi (one time only) but if u jump back to Verizon network u have redo the one time activation again.
But unlock is for international only meaning.no AT&T or t mobile .. Only way I can see around this is with a jailbreak to truly get a unlock for any gsm carrier

Verizon should just leave it fully unlocked I mean obviously u signed a contract so your on the hook even if u use a diff providers sim now and then

DANNCAS

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
yes

Ya I read a 6 page thread an u call and they unlock u .. U need a international sim pop it in and then activate using iTunes or wifi (one time only) but if u jump back to Verizon network u have redo the one time activation again.
But unlock is for international only meaning.no AT&T or t mobile .. Only way I can see around this is with a jailbreak to truly get a unlock for any gsm carrier

Verizon should just leave it fully unlocked I mean obviously u signed a contract so your on the hook even if u use a diff providers sim now and then

i'm not sure what unlocking will do for you verizon customers. will you still have to pay large fee to use the phone outside the USA. As an ATT customer I allways unlock my phones and put a sim card in for the country I'm in then all may calls are local in that county. Its cheaper to call the USA from Europe and other then us to them. specialy if you not in the USA to begin with

whispa777

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
An unlocked Verizon 4S works exactly the same way as an unlocked AT&T 4S overseas. There's no difference there.

Only difference is that in the US, you can use the Verizon CDMA network, or roam on GSM w/ an overseas SIM card. An AT&T 4S cannot use the CDMA network.