How do I get my parentheses back?

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
Hey all! I posted this in the iPhone 4 forum by mistake, this is really an iPhone 4S question I guess. Anyway I just upgraded from an AT&T 3GS to a Verizon 4S. Everything works great except for my contacts--all of the parentheses and dashes/hyphens vanished!!! Is there any way to get these back? This is causing trouble when I try to call long distance numbers; I have to dial them by hand.

I used Google contacts before, but I thought updating to iCloud contacts might fix the problem so I migrated every contact over to the iCloud, but still no luck. The only real solution I have found is to delete the number, turn off the phone, call the number, go to recents after the call has ended and add it to the existing contact. Cumbersome, to say the least, plus I don't want to bug all of my contacts just to get this done.

Any ideas on other ways to make this happen?

Thanks!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried this?

The fix is to 'Program' the phone via Verizon's system:

-Open Phone and dial *228. This is the Verizon over-the-air programming number.
-When the system answers, press 1 for "Program or activate your phone"
-Wait through the music for the call to disconnect. You should get a prompt stating something like, "Settings updated."
-Open the Task Manager and kill the Phone, Message, and Contacts Applications
-Wait a few minutes (I waited 3 just to be extra safe)
-Open the Message App to verify the fix.

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
have you tried just editing it? i cant get rid of the parenthesis... i tried to enter a new number and it just adds them automatically. even if they are missing, it shouldnt matter.. they arent needed to dial. Odd it doesnt work.

Is there an apple store you can bring it to.. have them take a look?

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
have you tried just editing it? i cant get rid of the parenthesis... i tried to enter a new number and it just adds them automatically. even if they are missing, it shouldnt matter.. they arent needed to dial. Odd it doesnt work.

Is there an apple store you can bring it to.. have them take a look?

I may take it to an Apple store if problems persist, but I don't live very close to one so I'm hoping to fix it myself...

Sean Bartel

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2