IPhone 4s Start Up Questions

TModel

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
A few months ago I ordered an IPad 2, Downloaded ITunes to my Windows based computer and started downloading music and applications. I love my IPad 2 and last weekend downloaded IOS5 and set up my IPad 2 to access ICloud. My statistics are as follows:

IPad 2 32 GB device

18.5 GB Used (primarily Apple purchased applications and music and a few GB of non-purchased music I've owned for years and residing in ITunes and my IPad. There's no photos or videos attached, but I will be taking photos when I get my IPhones.

ICloud storage - 5 GB,. Available 2.5GB.

Last weekend I ordered two 16 GB 4s IPhones - one for me and one for my wife. I will load mine with music and applications along with calendar items, To Do lists, contact list, etc. My wife will load only minimal music and applications with minor calendar items and contact list. The question is how do I set these phones up? I have an Apple ID now, but would you recommend setting up the phones with separate Apple IDs for each? If so, will I be able to selectively select applications and music stored in the Cloud and drop to one or both phones? If I download an album my wife wants, can I drop it on her phone and the IPad without repurchasing it? My IPad and computer ITunes work flawlessly in the Cloud. I just don't know how to make it work with two additional Apple devices. Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

Thanks everyone.:D

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
You can use the same Apple ID, so no need to rebuy apps and music, but you can set up different iCloud accounts to keep stuff separate.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

TModel

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
:)Thanks Verwon. I appreciate your quick response. So I'll just keep the same Apple ID I have now and just set up different cloud accounts for each phone. That makes sense.

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
To do the selective apps, just use iTunes and select the ones you want synced to that particular phone.

And a tip, if you have a large music library, make sure it isn't set to autosync. Mine tried to put it all on, when I activated my phone and did the restore from backup.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2