options for exchanging iphone 4s

jimithing23

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
i purchased a white iphone 4s and have decided that i would rather have a black iphone 4s. i am still within my 14 days so i technically CAN still exchange it however since i placed my order online through a pre-order i would have to go through apple.com and 1st send the phone back to them instead of going to an apple store. i would then have to wait to purchase a black iphone and those are currently not shipping out until around the 2nd week of novemeber -- which means I would be weeks without a phone if i were to go ahead and do this exchange.

is there any way around this? i guess i am trying to figure out if i can maybe sell this white iphone on my own - and then just purchase a new black iphone and just restart my contract. i don't know how this works given i am under contract with AT&T.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Did you preorder from Apple.com or from ATT? I might have missed that.

You will have to return it and rebuy it, I don't think they do exchanges like that. ATT might if you bought from ATT directly.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
You could buy the one you want and swap the SIM cards and not have to worry about your account. But then you're stuck with trying to sell the other if you can no longer return.

crackercraig#IM

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
You could buy directly from AT&T but pay full retail. Then switch the sim card and sell the white one.

Which one did you buy? I'm planning on getting a White one on AT&T. I'm looking for either 32 or 64 gig. Maybe I can take it off your hands for the right price.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
You cant buy another on at a discount to restart your contract... thats not how it works.. when you buy a phone they sign you up for a contract for 2 years they usually allow you to upgrade earlier then those two years but not this soon its more like 12-18 months before you get another discount.. if you buy a new one you will be paying full price unless you return yours first

jimithing23

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
wait, so then could i return the iphone to apple.com by sending it back to them (instead of trying to exchange it) and then just repurchase a black iphone directly from the apple store or from at&t? will i still be able to get the discounted price if i do it that way or will i have to pay full retail price?

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
wait, so then could i return the iphone to apple.com by sending it back to them (instead of trying to exchange it) and then just repurchase a black iphone directly from the apple store or from at&t? will i still be able to get the discounted price if i do it that way or will i have to pay full retail price?

if you return it it takes a bit to get your upgrade back in effect but yes you would get the discount

jimithing23

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
if you return it it takes a bit to get your upgrade back in effect but yes you would get the discount

ok. i might go that route. i just don't want to have to wait for >2 weeks once i ship my phone back. although, having to wait to get my upgrade back might take a while also.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2