To everyone who has owned both an iPhone and a droid?

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
iPhone.

I've owned the original Moto Droid and a 3GS. Though there are more customization options available through Android, I believe that the approval process that iOS apps have to go through ensure that there is a greater percentage of higher quality apps available for iOS.

That may have changed with the newer Android phones, but that is my opinion. I doubt I will go back to Android after having the iPhone. It does many things much, much better (not to mention easier), though Jailbreaking is not quite the same as rooting and installing a custom firmware. That is the one thing I miss.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
To people who have owned both phones which is the better phone and more popular in your opinion?

Better is very subjective. It all depends on a person's wants and needs. I had a Droid X, HTC Hero, and and HTC incredible. I liked droid when I had it. It was a cool phone, and there was a lot of mod's that could be done. I didn't like the music player on it, and still used my ipod touch for music, and video. I also didn't like that battery life on any of the phones. The longest I got was with my Droid X, and it was only like 12 hours tops. Also the Camera wasn't that good on any of my Android phones. There were okay, but nothing like the camera of an iPhone. When the iPhone 4 came out on Verizon I got it on release day, and I loved everything about it. I was glad that it had a better battery life, good with music, and lastly I didn't have to mess with anything to make it "work". The camera was beautiful. I like everything about the iPhone, and don't see myself switching anytime soon. I won't say that I'll never switch, because I said that years ago with Blackberry, and look where I am now. LOL. To answer your question which phone is more popular... If you pick any one Android phone, and put it up against the iPhone, the iphone is more popular. If you put Android as a whole up against iPhone, Android is more popular.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Here is another way to look at which one is more popular. Look at the 3GS. Phone was release over 2 years ago. It is selling for around $200 on the second market (Craigslist, Ebay). Now look at Androids that were released even 1 year ago. Droid Inc, Droid X... The sell for around $100.

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
what Droid? the original Motorola Droid? or any Android phone in general? I ask because there is a BIG difference. I've had several different ones (HTC Droid Eris, Motorola Droid, Motorola Droid X, Samsung Fascinate, Motorola Droid X2, LG Revolution, HTC Droid Incredible 2, and the Motorola Droid Bionic).

It simply comes down to preference...I went back and forth between an iPhone 4 and those phones mentioned above, and basically I can sum up my opinion as iOS is somewhat boring after a little while and Android is buggy and in general has poor battery life. I kept coming back to the iPhone because it works[PERIOD]

People on an Android forum will obviously have the opposite opinion, and say that iPhone people are Apple fanboys who drank the kool-aid and stuff like Android will do SO much more than an iPhone. To be honest, the ONLY things I missed from Android were Google Maps and Speech-to-Text when typing something. Well, i now have the Mapquest app which is close enough to Google Maps for me (free turn by turn navigation), and Siri absolutely blows Android's Speech-to-Text away.

I know people with iPhones that are 2-3 years old and still going strong with not one problem....I've had problems with various Android phones after 2-3 DAYS.

It comes down to which one is more reliable, which is the iPhone.

Last edited:

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
when i say which is more popular i mean comparing the iphone up against one single droid phone not all of them because there are so many droids and apple only has out one phone at a time. i love the iphone and i know alot of people that have switched from the droid to iphone and just absolutely love the iphone and won't go back. as people said before, the iphone just works and it is easy to use and it syncs so well with everything. i just wanted to hear peoples opinions who have owned droids and have iphones now. iphone is an absolute amazing product and everywhere you go if its malls, sporting events, coffee shops ect it seems to me all you see is iphones everywhere haha

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I had an HTC Evo 4G and switched. I found the Android OS to be completely buggy and enjoy having a phone that actually works.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

Allesandro

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
when i say which is more popular i mean comparing the iphone up against one single droid phone not all of them because there are so many droids and apple only has out one phone at a time. i love the iphone and i know alot of people that have switched from the droid to iphone and just absolutely love the iphone and won't go back. as people said before, the iphone just works and it is easy to use and it syncs so well with everything. i just wanted to hear peoples opinions who have owned droids and have iphones now. iphone is an absolute amazing product and everywhere you go if its malls, sporting events, coffee shops ect it seems to me all you see is iphones everywhere haha

Thanks for your reply. For a newbie to this forum, I am finding all these replies very helpful. I have had two different Blackberry smartphones over the past four years and found them "buggy" too. The last thing I want is to get stuck with another buggy phone whether it is a Blackberry or any model Android. This thread is moving closer to the iPhone 4S for sheer reliability.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. For a newbie to this forum, I am finding all these replies very helpful. I have had two different Blackberry smartphones over the past four years and found them "buggy" too. The last thing I want is to get stuck with another buggy phone whether it is a Blackberry or any model Android. This thread is moving closer to the iPhone 4S for sheer reliability.

I've had Blackberry, Android, and iPhone, and I must say, iPhone is the most reliable, and least sluggish.

Reactions: Allesandro

Mr.Mcgoo

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I had owned an iPhone 3 on ATT and then it went for a swim, shortly after I switched to VZ and they did not have the iPhone so I went with the HTC Incredible. I always liked the iPhone and own a Macbook so everything worked well together. The Incredible for me has not really been an issue, it had worked well and only once in a blue moon might get buggy but otherwise it has been good to me. Battery life was better on the iPhone especially with heavy use. I have had a few friends with the thunderbolt and that phone has been a nightmare for them.

I am now trying to decide myself what phone I would like to get, as of now it is between the iPhone and the new Galaxy Nexus coming out. Since being in my 40's my eyesight sucks and leaning towards a bigger screen but do like the IOS.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I owned WebOS, an Android and an iPhone all within a 3 month period and of the three, I actually liked the WebOS the best despite the fact that it was not well supported and took FOREVER to bring new to market, then was dropped. It was gorgeous, functional, easily hackable, the touchstone charging was the bomb, and amazing all around, but the device itself was..lame. But now that I've had the iPhone for several months, and now an iPhone 4s, I am very pleased. I like that it's simple, open the box, activate and go. It needs very little handholding. I am not jailbreaking, I dont want the time-suck that it brings. But I also think it's got fantastic battery life. Like, the best of any phone I have ever owned. The Droid sucked battery so bad, even when I had damn near everything turned off. I was not thrilled as much with the app selection, which I am now laughing at myself for because I rarely use something not stock. I use the texting and email and web browser more than anything on here...

I do wish the iPhone had better cameras--many droids have FABULOUS cameras. But otherwise, I am pretty happy. They do what I need them to do.

ETA: I am a mac-based household also, so having the ability to use an Apple phone with an Apple computer made it a lot less ummm hostile for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Allesandro

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I owned WebOS, an Android and an iPhone all within a 3 month period and of the three, I actually liked the WebOS the best despite the fact that it was not well supported and took FOREVER to bring new to market, then was dropped. It was gorgeous, functional, easily hackable, the touchstone charging was the bomb, and amazing all around, but the device itself was..lame. But now that I've had the iPhone for several months, and now an iPhone 4s, I am very pleased. I like that it's simple, open the box, activate and go. It needs very little handholding. I am not jailbreaking, I dont want the time-suck that it brings. But I also think it's got fantastic battery life. Like, the best of any phone I have ever owned. The Droid sucked battery so bad, even when I had damn near everything turned off. I was not thrilled as much with the app selection, which I am now laughing at myself for because I rarely use something not stock. I use the texting and email and web browser more than anything on here...

I do wish the iPhone had better cameras--many droids have FABULOUS cameras. But otherwise, I am pretty happy. They do what I need them to do.

ETA: I am a mac-based household also, so having the ability to use an Apple phone with an Apple computer made it a lot less ummm hostile for me.

What android phone has a better camera and why?

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I owned a nexus one and both the iphone 4 and 4s to me the iPhones have been better phones but thats my opinion

count123

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
The camera on the Samsung charge was excellent. The camera on the iPhone is excellent. I loved the charge. Except for the problem of toggling between 3g and 4g. I I the end that's what caused the switch. I actually had a choice between the iPhone 4 and a Droid x and I chose the x. For several reasons. The iPhone was for snobs I didn't like their whole were the best and you know it and we will treat yu however we feel because we can attitude. In the end my choice was on principle and not the phone itself. Now I have gotten over all that. I'm just using the phone, doesn't mean that I don't think some people who own iPhones aren't snobs anymore just try not to pay attention to them and try not to become one myself. Its just a freakiin phone. Don't lose perspective.

In the end I liked the Droid phones but they didn't always "just work". So far the iPhone just works. Except when its leashed to the charger. Very disappointed about the battery life on this thing. I never had battery problems with droids. Why? Extended battery. Problem solved. I understand why apple didn't release a 4g phone. Can you imagine what this phones battery would be like on 4g?

Count

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh