To everyone who has owned both an iPhone and a droid?

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Ask this question in the android forum and the responses will be completely different. I agree with an earlier post. This thread is purely subjective and its different strokes for different folks. Its useless to even pose this question. Is a Lamborghini better than a Ferrari? Depends on your taste...

No DROID is the same. The manufacturers HTC, MOTO, SAMSUNG, LG and others are very different. I have owned MANY droid devices and liked them all. I came to the iPhone because of all the Apple products I own.

If a person goes with an android device or apple device its based on what suits them best. An iPhone is NOT for everyone and neither is an android device.

Matchoo

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I've always been curious to switch to Android, but always chickened out last second. I do love my iPhone and if I switched it would only to have something new to play with for a bit. I know that in the long run I'd come back to the iPhone even if only because I have 2 macs at home.

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Who makes the best android device out of those companies you listed?

HTC makes really good phones from my experience. The only complaint I have about them is that their battery life is a bit worse than their competitors. To answer your original question... Both platforms have their ups and downs. I personally think iOS is slightly better, but it's all a matter of personal opinion.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I've owned both for years, if you're talking about Android phones. They're all different so you can't compare. Even the softwares.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm afraid that I'm gonna have to agree! LOL! It's all about personal preference. If you prefer lag and ugly apps then Android is for you!

That's what the thread is about, people sharing their personal preference, I think is a valid question

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
First off, hate it when people refer to ANDROID as DROD. Second, I believe iPhone is better for more people. You have to be kind of savvy to use an Android phone to its full potential. I am somewhat of a phone junky and I always come back to iPhone. I've had every model on two different carriers and I've also had many Android phones and a Palm Pre, Samsung Focus and Blackberry Torch 9810. I can safely say iPhone is faster, easier to use, and has much more quality apps. I'm not saying I hate Android or Blackberry or Windows but they aren't up to par just yet.

anon(5335877)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
First off, hate it when people refer to ANDROID as DROD.

Same. I'm not sure whether people don't know what an operating system is, or if that any phone that runs Android is called a DROID. I've had conversations with people that have gone like this:

"Is that a DROID?"

"No, it's a Motorola Defy. It runs Android, though."

"So then it's a DROID."

"Umm.... no..."

Reactions: roll-tide

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
well the more advanced the android software becomes the more advanced ios and apple iphone will become. the biggest thing with the iphone is its just so easy to use run and figure out. it just works. its so easy to sync and put your music photos everything on and it seems looking around EVERYBODY has an iphone these days

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I am now trying to decide myself what phone I would like to get, as of now it is between the iPhone and the new Galaxy Nexus coming out. Since being in my 40's my eyesight sucks and leaning towards a bigger screen but do like the IOS.

You may want to read up on the PenTile screen the Nexus will have. It has high resolution numbers, but text will not be nearly as crisp as on the iPhone. Anandtech has a thorough explanation: AnandTech - Confirmed: Galaxy Nexus Includes PenTile

This is Samsung's own grahpic illustrating an "Ordinary OLED" (read: PenTile) and Super AMOLED Plus (Read: RGB)
Galaxy Nexus with curved 4.65" OLED display - FlatpanelsHD
superamoledplus.jpg

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
If you don't have the iPhone you don't have the iPhone. Best phone out hands down. There is no competition apple is light years ahead

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2