Pirated/Stolen Apps

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Pirated/Stolen Apps/Siri

SIRI SHOULD NOT BE PORTED TO THE IPHONE 4!! Do you have any idea how large the jailbreak community is?! The added weight of all those users will bring Siri to her knees. And why should people who won't buy the 4S have the right to do that?! This forum has a zero tolerance policy for those who want to talk about adding stolen apps through Jailbreaking. Why is this any different?! To get Siri you pay for the 4S. That's how you buy Siri. This IS stealing. If we can't share information on stolen apps then why is this even in the forums?! Do we speak for thieves now?! Do we help them to move their stolen product? I'm sure that Steve Jobs really would appreciate this! The price of he 4S includes payment for the use of Siri. It's not fair for criminals to be rewarded with the free use of what I gladly spent money to have.

Of course this is my opinion. Feel free to add your own. I'm sure that you will anyway! LOL

Last edited:

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Every 4S sold includes a license fee for the Nuance software included with Siri. Even if you somehow think that stealing Siri from Apple is OK, you are also stealing from
Nuance if you install Siri on an iPhone 4.

Sad how many people seem to think its ok to do this.

As a developer, it makes me even more determined to thwart the jail break community who always scream they are not pirates or thieves... Right.

Reactions: robes1

KashSystems

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
My understanding is on Siri that even though it can be ported over to the iphone 4, in order to work it must communicate with Apple's servers. Which is why we have gotten siri outage issues, apple servers have been getting hit hard on Siri usage as it is. It has been stated that Apple will probably block Siri by doing a serial number/hardware check when it connects to their servers so that it can force people to buy the 4s(which is their right).

Now there is one guy who has claimed about 4-5 days ago he got Siri to work on the iphone 4 without jailbreaking it, but he has yet to post any proof and it seems more like him blowing smoke at best.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
The jailbreak community is absolutely tiny, especially compared to the huge community of iPhone 4S users. Dude, 4 million in 3 days...

I do not think Siri should be ported via jailbreak either, but not because of server load. :p

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
All discussion of pirating/jailbreaking aside?and they are absolutely NOT synonymous?I'm guessing the Siri outages will die down soon; right now millions of people are playing with a new toy, but soon most will realize that using it in day to day life is not always practical and the server stress will abate.

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
I don't know if that guy got it to work but he should be taken for all that he has if he did. This is theft! How is it fair for those who have spent money on the 4S?! I'm not against the jailbreak community though. Just theft. I jailbreak and I pay for all of the apps that are not totally free but I've never installed a cracked or stolen app. I've even donated when I didn't have to because I thought that the developer deserved payment for the time that went into what he/she created.

Reactions: munchkinsdad

hpcomputergeek

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if that guy got it to work but he should be taken for all that he has if he did. This is theft! How is it fair for those who have spent money on the 4S?! I'm not against the jailbreak community though. Just theft. I jailbreak and I pay for all of the apps that are not totally free but I've never installed a cracked or stolen app. I've even donated when I didn't have to because I thought that the developer deserved payment for the time that went into what he/she created.

He is re-writing the code so it won't be copyright infringement

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
He is re-writing the code so it won't be copyright infringement

Nice try, but it's not as if he's rewriting the whole program...if I publish Moby Dick with some new chapter titles it's still infringement. And of course it will still use the same end service; making your own key doesn't make it okay to break in to someone else's house.

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Nice try, but it's not as if he's rewriting the whole program...if I publish Moby Dick with some new chapter titles it's still infringement. And of course it will still use the same end service; making your own key doesn't make it okay to break in to someone else's house.

I agree totally! If he's not creating his own service then it will be stealing! I would have no problem with a little competition if he was doing his own thing. Rewriting code to allow you to steal services that I had to give up cash for is in no way cool with me! I would like to know how this could possibly be seen as anything other than criminal!

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
I completely agree I do not jailbreak and do not use stolen software..

Honestly after using iOS 5 I seriously doubt that I'll ever jailbreak again. I don't mind the stock look of the iPhone. And I've never found a theme that I didn't want to get remove after a week or so. iFile was pretty cool but with dropbox, iCloud, and a new telephone number i don't really see the need anymore. Maybe if Apple decided to let people pay a fee to use Siri on their iPhone 4 then I would feel better about it.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
All discussion of pirating/jailbreaking aside?and they are absolutely NOT synonymous?I'm guessing the Siri outages will die down soon; right now millions of people are playing with a new toy, but soon most will realize that using it in day to day life is not always practical and the server stress will abate.

Except for the FACT that the majority of people who jailbreak do it in order to get paid apps for free. That is guaranteed.

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Except for the FACT that the majority of people who jailbreak do it in order to get paid apps for free. That is guaranteed.

I don't know about the majority but its definitely a nice percentage. I write music and for that reason I refuse to steal what someone else has taken the time and energy to create. I had a jailbroken iPhone 3GS and then a jailbroken iPhone 4 and I never put a stolen app on either of them. It would have been really easy to do so the only reason that I didn't do it was because I just didn't feel right. Why don't these people think that stealing access to Siri is wrong?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site

Even if true?and we really have no way of telling?my point is simply that not all jailbreakers are thieves. Perhaps I should have said "equal to" instead of synonymous.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

I never understood why some people don't want to pay for apps. You pay $300 or so for a phone, roughly $100/month for service and they can't pay for an app that costs a few bucks. If I jailbreak when the 4S can, I'll do it solely so I can have bitesms.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=42.794941,-73.917747

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site

Majority? I respectfully disagree. If the majority JB'd to get paid apps for free, why would a developer create an app for JB'd phones and charge for it. There wouldn't be anything in it for him if there were not enough people buying them. Why would Saurik maintain Cydia? It would serve no purpose for him either.

Of course there are those that install cracked apps. There are thieves everywhere. But, I choose to believe that the majority are moral and pay for what they install.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal