Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    iPhone Intermediate

I think a lot of people are in denial about what thy could or could not afford so they are tearing down the resell value of the 64 gb. I learned from the iPod era that newer models always make a previous obsolete. So when that iPhone5 does decide o come out and it comes out in 32, 64, 80gbs... Which if history repeats itself with apple (it does), nobody will rally settle for a 16gb iPhone in resell value.

Coming from an Android, I can tell you resell values fluctuate.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    9,577 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HeyGreggie View Post
    I think a lot of people are in denial about what thy could or could not afford so they are tearing down the resell value of the 64 gb. I learned from the iPod era that newer models always make a previous obsolete. So when that iPhone5 does decide o come out and it comes out in 32, 64, 80gbs... Which if history repeats itself with apple (it does), nobody will rally settle for a 16gb iPhone in resell value.

Coming from an Android, I can tell you resell values fluctuate.
    iPhones never lose resell value.. I just sold an original 2g iPhone 16gb for 200 bucks last month..
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    20,036 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DARK_BLU View Post
    I've got the 32GB and don't have to worry about space. I've only used 1GB of the 28.1 of usable space on my 4S. I thought about 64GB but couldn't justify the expense of it.
    Craziest thing is... I've only used 1.1gb on my iPhone. I won't put movies / games on it as I have my iPad if I ever wanted to do that.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    377 Global Posts

I thought about it, but opted out simply because I have an 80GB Ipod which holds the majority of my music and I won't use my Iphone at work (work in a dairy with lots of water) so my Ipod is still ideal to me in some situations. When I go to the gym I think I will load up my favorite sets of songs for working out and go there, may regret it in the future but doubt it. Only have about 5gb of music cycles (switch it up every so often) that I listen to anyways. Most of my friends have the 32GB or 16GB (guys with 16s are hating I think) but the ones with 32GB don't regret it at all.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    438 Global Posts

I got mine with Verizon at a time when Apple and Best Buy weren't even taking back orders, from hhgregg. It was the last 64GB in Frederick, MD! It is black, but I would have taken white if that's all they had. I didn't even ask for a lower storage capacity iPhone. I've been waiting for years for 64 gigs of storage! I'm so happy Apple decided to bump up the storage, I would have waited for the next upgrade and continued to use my 3GS if they hadn't. Why? Because I am tired of having to delete music or photos to make room for new apps, plus I can finally keep a few movies and TV shows along with my 27 gigs of music, plus like Rene said in one of the blog posts if you're paying approximately $2,000 over a two-year service contract anyway, you might as well get the best phone available for that time period--there's no such thing as a free phone.

Sean Bartel
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    853 Global Posts

It's funny, I went from an iPod Classic with all the space i needed and a Treo, to the iPod Touch and a Blackberry which forced me to sacrifice space, regularly moving songs on and off which annoyed the hell out of me.

Then the 64 gb Touch was released followed by the Droid (I'm tied to Verizon through my company). And I regularly carried 2 devices wishing I could get an iPhone one day. Then Verizon did it, and I finally got what I wanted all along.....1 device! But i was left once again I shuffling songs and apps around. And downgrading the quality to 128kbps.

Then they announced the 4S. As I followed that live blog, I kept repeating over and over in my mind....PLEASE give me the 64, please give me the 64. I didn't care about any other feature on this device. So for me, I simply got what I was REALLY hoping Apple would offer all along. This for me is the perfect device.
    _heatherly likes this.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    402 Global Posts

Cause it was 16 gig is too small for me. I use up 15 gigs as it is.

And the 64 gig was only $100 more..... So I figured why not?

I don't have a 64 but I think when I get a chance I'll go bigger and why I'm at it I'll get a 64 iPad too load it all and go lol

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    iPhone Nanite

I have a 64gb iphone because u can never have to much space
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    411 Global Posts

I got the 16 G and I find it's enough. I didn't put all my music and pictures on it, but it has enough storage that I'm happy with it right now. Maybe next time I'll go with a 32G but I'm good for now
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,460 Global Posts

I went with the 64GB model. I don't have many apps or music on my iPhone, however, I do take a lot of videos and pictures of my kids so the extra storage for only $100 more is well worth it to me.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    651 Global Posts

I still have my 64 gb iPhone 4s on order
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts

I did for sign language!
    iPhone Nanite

My 64 GB is actually 57.42 GB available. Is everyone else's that size too? Wonder where the 7 GB went? I know the iOS is part of that but 7 GB worth?[/QUOTE]
    its format reasons you never get full 64GB on any storage device if you did the phone wouldnt be able to see the 64GB its like a computer hard drive when you put windows on it and its a 160GB do you still have 160GB? no you have 128GB
    iPhone Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by mozart1756 View Post
    28 GB of music to start. It's nice to have all my music in one place finally. I'm coming from an 8 GB iPod touch so this is awesome! Plenty of room after that for a few TV show seasons, apps, etc.

My 64 GB is actually 57.42 GB available. Is everyone else's that size too? Wonder where the 7 GB went? I know the iOS is part of that but 7 GB worth?
    It's Format Reasons You Never Get Full 64GB On Any Storage Device If You Did The Phone Wouldn't Be Able To See The 64GB And No The OS Is Not Part Of That It's In It's Own Place Away From The Memory Its Like My Laptop The Hp HDX 16 Has A mSoild State Slot With Has A 60Gb Card In It Away From The Hard Drive.
    Last edited by TechNyne666; 10-29-2011 at 05:40 PM.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    254 Global Posts

I got the 64gb in white.

1) It was all Verizon had left unless I wanted to wait until 10/31 (I got it 10/18)
    2) I sold my 32GB iPhone 4 for $348 on eBay, so why not?
    3) My 32GB was full the second I activated it back in February

On a side note, love the phone, don't so much love the crappy battery, but I'm dealing with it. I got the iPhone for $399...fun fact about my state: they charge you tax based off of the retail price of the phone, NOT what you pay for it, so I definitely didn't love paying $55 in taxes, thats for sure!
  17. Thread AuthorThread Author   #67  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,205 Global Posts

Jeez where are you from
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    254 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by audiogates View Post
    Jeez where are you from
    MA. When I ordered my 4 in February I paid tax based off of the $299 price, but I preordered it and paid online (not sure if that has anything to do with it), whereas with the 4s I went into a store and got it there.
    iPhone Nanite

It's better to have too much space than not enough.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,460 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StefR View Post
    It's better to have too much space than not enough.
    I agree. Especially since you can't add storage to the iPhone if you do start running out of memory.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,111 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Rose View Post
    I agree. Especially since you can't add storage to the iPhone if you do start running out of memory.
    That's why I got the 64.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    238 Global Posts

Because you go Big or Go Home when it comes to Apple products!
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    420 Global Posts

I wish I had got the 64, but the 32 with the ridiculous tax I paid almost broke the bank.
    iPhone Nanite

I bought the 64 as I knew my Boss was only getting the 16
    iMore Intermediate

I had the iphone 4 in 16gb... i found i was always running out of space and i had to remove apps or music or movies to add stuff.

I wanted to get 32gb, but i ended up getting a great deal on the 64gb so i bought that

it is fantastic i have put some albums, lots of pics and some movies.

I have tons of space available and as i am taking pictures (so far 1563 pics) i have no reason to worry about space (yet).
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast