Who has the 64 Gig and why

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I bought the 64gb because it was available. That's me being honest. And now I think about it, I'll be able to resell it at a higher value than the 32/16.

I actually went ahead and bought the 64gb 3G version of the iPad because it was the highest I could get.

Sent from my 3G iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Another reason I could add now as I could always exchange for the 32gb is the fact that I know I'll never need to worry about space.

OutSpoken

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I have to agree with those who say resale shouldn't be a factor in your purchase.

Just the other day, when I compared online resale prices of the iPhone 4 16 vs 32 there wasn't much in it.. maybe ?10 to ?13 more!

I think, for someone who isn't going to be utilising the extra space, you're basically throwing your money away.

I also believe the 16GB are probably more popular than the bigger sizes, it was defnitely my experience when trying to order my iPhone last year, my carrier was always sold out of the 16GB but usually had the 32 to offer me... plus with the added benefits of iCloud... it would seem the 16GB are even more value for money imo.

phonejunky

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
I have to agree with those who say resale shouldn't be a factor in your purchase.

Just the other day, when I compared online resale prices of the iPhone 4 16 vs 32 there wasn't much in it.. maybe ?10 to ?13 more!

I think, for someone who isn't going to be utilising the extra space, you're basically throwing your money away.

I also believe the 16GB are probably more popular than the bigger sizes, it was defnitely my experience when trying to order my iPhone last year, my carrier was always sold out of the 16GB but usually had the 32 to offer me... plus with the added benefits of iCloud... it would seem the 16GB are even more value for money imo.

To hit this first point you made about resale value not being a good reason to buy a device, that is a personal opinion. I think it's a great reason for us who buy the new iPhone every year and don't want to lose to much money or lose any at all if you're a good salesman. And I don't know to many people who will get 64 gigs and not use it all or most of it. If so you're right it is an obvious waste of money to get that just for resale then use 32 gigs that's is just dumb really.

Now the 16 gig being more popular anyway well duh of course. That's the consumers model especially in today's economy. Most aren't just walking around with 399.00. Look at the blackberry their top selling device is the curve it's smaller cheaper and more affordable (just common sense logic there) of course it will be more popular. And being more value for money well depends on what you consider a good investment. For me it's always been the 32 everyone I bought then sold it had more then enough to get the new iPhone without having to get more money from my pockets. We always fall short reselling my wife's 16 gig, by about 100 bucks.

HeyGreggie

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm just not cheap. I think about using my phone to it's maximum capability. I'm all for icloud and whatnot, but the extra space that I like to use ON device would be better suited for me.

Now... I'll say this... if they would've released Itunes Match the same day as the iPhone4s, it would've been obvious to get the 16gb, but since they didnt, I got the 64gb.

I also am glad I didnt wait for the Galaxy Nexus on Verzion. smh. And just to think... I was Team Android for years..

OutSpoken

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
To hit this first point you made about resale value not being a good reason to buy a device, that is a personal opinion. I think it's a great reason for us who buy the new iPhone every year and don't want to lose to much money or lose any at all if you're a good salesman. And I don't know to many people who will get 64 gigs and not use it all or most of it. If so you're right it is an obvious waste of money to get that just for resale then use 32 gigs that's is just dumb really.

Now the 16 gig being more popular anyway well duh of course. That's the consumers model especially in today's economy. Most aren't just walking around with 399.00. Look at the blackberry their top selling device is the curve it's smaller cheaper and more affordable (just common sense logic there) of course it will be more popular. And being more value for money well depends on what you consider a good investment. For me it's always been the 32 everyone I bought then sold it had more then enough to get the new iPhone without having to get more money from my pockets. We always fall short reselling my wife's 16 gig, by about 100 bucks.

Ok, well we agree on one thing... that is, its silly to pay more, $100 more for a 32GB/64GB iPhone only to use 16GB/32GB in hope of reselling and recouping back most of your money.

In your case and I think its a exceptional case that you are able to always sell your used iPhones and recoup more than enough to buy the next gen. But like I said before online comparison sites are suggesting otherwise. Again, I understand the american mobile market is somewhat different to Europe/UK.

_heatherly

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I had an 8GB BB Torch before moving back to iPhone and I never maxed out my Torch, granted BBs have a worse app selection. If I had never moved from my 3GS to Torch then back to iPhone4S, I probably would have needed a 32GB, but since I lost a lot of stuff when my 3GS died, I won't come near the 16GB for awhile unless I put several movies on the phone. I plan on keeping my 4S until the iPhone5 refresh comes out in two years so I'm sure in two years I'll have filled up the 16GB.

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Another reason I could add now as I could always exchange for the 32gb is the fact that I know I'll never need to worry about space.

I've got the 32GB and don't have to worry about space. I've only used 1GB of the 28.1 of usable space on my 4S. I thought about 64GB but couldn't justify the expense of it.

drjb74

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone. First post here. I have been a longtime Android user, still have one Android device. Switched my other device from EVO 4G to iPhone 4S on Sprint. I got the 64GB. I chose it for two reasons:

1. I have too much stuff to fit on smaller device. Actually, I have too much stuff to fit on this one as well, but it gives me greater flexibility.

2. When I went to Sprint to get it on launch day, all they had left in stock was the 64GB. Didn't want to wait for new shipment.

pstmstr

Nov 23, 2008
Visit site
My reason is simple, just because I wanted to and my own self rationalization that I would be using the video a lot. Truth be told, the 32g is probably more than enough but I'm fortunate enough to have some disposable income so what the heck.

HeyGreggie

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I think a lot of people are in denial about what thy could or could not afford so they are tearing down the resell value of the 64 gb. I learned from the iPod era that newer models always make a previous obsolete. So when that iPhone5 does decide o come out and it comes out in 32, 64, 80gbs... Which if history repeats itself with apple (it does), nobody will rally settle for a 16gb iPhone in resell value.

Coming from an Android, I can tell you resell values fluctuate.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I think a lot of people are in denial about what thy could or could not afford so they are tearing down the resell value of the 64 gb. I learned from the iPod era that newer models always make a previous obsolete. So when that iPhone5 does decide o come out and it comes out in 32, 64, 80gbs... Which if history repeats itself with apple (it does), nobody will rally settle for a 16gb iPhone in resell value.

Coming from an Android, I can tell you resell values fluctuate.

iPhones never lose resell value.. I just sold an original 2g iPhone 16gb for 200 bucks last month..

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I've got the 32GB and don't have to worry about space. I've only used 1GB of the 28.1 of usable space on my 4S. I thought about 64GB but couldn't justify the expense of it.

Craziest thing is... I've only used 1.1gb on my iPhone. I won't put movies / games on it as I have my iPad if I ever wanted to do that.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Lenerdosy

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I thought about it, but opted out simply because I have an 80GB Ipod which holds the majority of my music and I won't use my Iphone at work (work in a dairy with lots of water) so my Ipod is still ideal to me in some situations. When I go to the gym I think I will load up my favorite sets of songs for working out and go there, may regret it in the future but doubt it. Only have about 5gb of music cycles (switch it up every so often) that I listen to anyways. Most of my friends have the 32GB or 16GB (guys with 16s are hating I think) but the ones with 32GB don't regret it at all.

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
I got mine with Verizon at a time when Apple and Best Buy weren't even taking back orders, from hhgregg. It was the last 64GB in Frederick, MD! It is black, but I would have taken white if that's all they had. I didn't even ask for a lower storage capacity iPhone. I've been waiting for years for 64 gigs of storage! I'm so happy Apple decided to bump up the storage, I would have waited for the next upgrade and continued to use my 3GS if they hadn't. Why? Because I am tired of having to delete music or photos to make room for new apps, plus I can finally keep a few movies and TV shows along with my 27 gigs of music, plus like Rene said in one of the blog posts if you're paying approximately $2,000 over a two-year service contract anyway, you might as well get the best phone available for that time period--there's no such thing as a free phone.

Sean Bartel

DougFNJ

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
It's funny, I went from an iPod Classic with all the space i needed and a Treo, to the iPod Touch and a Blackberry which forced me to sacrifice space, regularly moving songs on and off which annoyed the hell out of me.

Then the 64 gb Touch was released followed by the Droid (I'm tied to Verizon through my company). And I regularly carried 2 devices wishing I could get an iPhone one day. Then Verizon did it, and I finally got what I wanted all along.....1 device! But i was left once again I shuffling songs and apps around. And downgrading the quality to 128kbps.

Then they announced the 4S. As I followed that live blog, I kept repeating over and over in my mind....PLEASE give me the 64, please give me the 64. I didn't care about any other feature on this device. So for me, I simply got what I was REALLY hoping Apple would offer all along. This for me is the perfect device.

ek9max

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Cause it was 16 gig is too small for me. I use up 15 gigs as it is.

And the 64 gig was only $100 more..... So I figured why not?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a 64 but I think when I get a chance I'll go bigger and why I'm at it I'll get a 64 iPad too load it all and go lol

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I got the 16 G and I find it's enough. I didn't put all my music and pictures on it, but it has enough storage that I'm happy with it right now. Maybe next time I'll go with a 32G but I'm good for now :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR