AT&T Pre-Order: Where The Heck Is My Phone?

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I thought the best thing to do was to pre-order my new iPhone 4S as an upgrade at my local AT&T corporate store on the 10/7/11 launch date...WRONG!!!

AT&T sent me an email the night of my order that promised to show "Order Status Update". Since that day it has gone from showing "In Progress" to that same, but adding that it's been back ordered. :(

I've talked to my AT&T reps...and they blame Apple for not giving them enough phones, explaining that AT&T has activated over a million iPhone 4S's and is flat out of stock. I called Apple, and they blame AT&T for underestimating the demand and not ordering enough handsets...so they are having to work overtime.

What is the deal? I mean...really?

All my friends and coworkers that ordered directly from Apple have their phones already...but here I am almost two weeks from order date...wishing somebody would tell me what's going on?:mad:

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
That really sucks. I've had two iPhone 4S already and going on my third tomorrow. - I'd be furious if I were you; AT&T know thats crap!

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I believe your mistake was ordering through AT&T. I worked for AT&T and some of it is definitely Apple's fault, if not most/all of it. Apple would get shipments every day and even had replacement devices for those that had issues with their devices.

Same with Sprint that I work for now... they aren't being supplied with enough.

I ordered all my devices through Apple this year. All of them made the delivery date.

KCook3

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I ordered my wifes Iphone on 8th in the late afternoon and it was shipped with my phone, it arrived on hte 14th. Both were ordered through ATT.

KC

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I believe your mistake was ordering through AT&T. I worked for AT&T and some of it is definitely Apple's fault, if not most/all of it. Apple would get shipments every day and even had replacement devices for those that had issues with their devices.

Same with Sprint that I work for now... they aren't being supplied with enough.

I ordered all my devices through Apple this year. All of them made the delivery date.

Well in my town of Springfield, MO there are no iPhone 4S's in stock...at least at any of the three AT&T corporate stores I have contacted. All are claiming that it might be as long as a month before they get any stock in. Is that AT&T's fault...or is it a fault with Apple taking care of their own orders, plus those of their new compatriots Sprint & Verizon before AT&T? No big conspiracy theory here...but you have to wonder why the provider that placed orders for over a million iPhone 4's on 10/7/11 (far more than any other carrier) has to wait while other carriers' customers are getting their phones.

This happens practically every year with AT&T...why? Last year I got my iP4 on time, but I heard that many, many others had the same issues that I'm experiencing now or similar ones.

I've learned my lesson. I'll order directly from Apple from now on. I have a great relationship with AT&T and that's the reason I haven't jumped ship for 15+ years, but this is getting old to say the least. Whether it's AT&T's fault for underestimating the demand...or Apples fault for not supplying enough product...:confused:

Ahhh...I'm done. Sorry for this rant fest of a thread. Just frustrated, that's all.

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I would be super mad too. Have you tried calling a Best Buy or Radio Shack in your area? I would cancel your order through AT&T and have them reset your upgrade and just either order from Apple or try to check out those stores. You can also check out Sam's Club, I just checked the website for you and there are 2 in Springfield one on El Camino Alto and their number is (417) 881-9693 and one on East Sunshine and their number is(417) 890-4616 it says they carry AT&T in both stores so they might have one. I'd also maybe look into getting a bigger model.... you shouldn't have to but finding a 32 gb or a 64 gb might be easier to find. Good luck!!

Last edited:

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
The last i heard, At&t still isn't accepting pre-order cancels. You have to raise the issue and get a manager and he has to be willing to help you. So pretty much luck of the draw.
Even then i hear most people are getting like money off their bill or in store credit.

Still two weeks and a day in since my pre-order.

mustang8918

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I pre-ordered from AT&T on the 10th and my 4S shipped today. I've already purchased one in the store so I'm selling this one to a friend.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro